AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   Took care in for fuel rail repair and... (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/took-care-fuel-rail-repair-2970483/)

billsfan 04-12-2019 08:35 AM

Took car in for fuel rail repair and...

Was told there's a camera warranty repair too. Okay. Then dealer calls and says there's a coolant leak. This car is two years old. I've never owned a German car before but this makes me nervous. On top of that, they don't have the part and need to keep the car until Monday. But I'm flying out of town Monday for work. :mad:

nitrous_guy 04-12-2019 08:51 AM

Did they at least give you a loaner car?

billsfan 04-12-2019 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by nitrous_guy (Post 25302552)
Did they at least give you a loaner car?

They did and I just heard from them that they can get the part tomorrow after all and will fix it on a saturday. So, I will give credit where it's due. But in all of my years of owning cars, this seems like more problems than usual. That said, I do love the car. It's the best car I've ever owned.

BigKutta 04-12-2019 09:11 AM

You'll be fine. They did a good look over and fixed an issue. Less to worry about once out of warranty

Corgiman 04-12-2019 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by billsfan (Post 25302540)
Was told there's a camera warranty repair too. Okay. Then dealer calls and says there's a coolant leak. This car is two years old. I've never owned a German car before but this makes me nervous. On top of that, they don't have the part and need to keep the car until Monday. But I'm flying out of town Monday for work. :mad:

Camera is just a software update. Coolant leak at the water pump is a known issue with this engine.

aquarian 04-12-2019 01:52 PM

Just got my car back for a loud knocking noise from the engine. The dealer determined that it was the faulty water pump and there was some coolant leak according to them. I didn't see anything though but I finally got the car back today after almost a week of waiting for the water pump.

whyman 04-12-2019 02:17 PM

Trust my I've had more issues,

Constant steering wheel pull from DAY 1,

Also brakes squel,

sunroof creaks,

led light burn out, interior,

engine noise vibration 2600 rpm to 3100 rpm

oil consumption issue,

gas consumption issue

FYI this is a 2018 Q7

RJC 1 04-12-2019 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by billsfan (Post 25302540)

Almost no vehicle is perfect and kudos to Audi/your dealer for finding addressing the water pump without you even having to report an issue.

billsfan 04-13-2019 11:53 AM

2 minutes after picking it up, got a coolant leak warning and drive back to dealer. Now waiting for them to fix it right. Missing a great Saturday.

billsfan 04-13-2019 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by billsfan (Post 25303049)
2 minutes after picking it up, got a coolant leak warning and drive back to dealer. Now waiting for them to fix it right. Missing a great Saturday.

so they told me told me to drive it and not worry about the check engine light. Does that seems reasonable?

Anyone know know how to reset the check engine light?