Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Took the Q in for service today. Lots of warning lights

Old 01-31-2019, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Took the Q in for service today. Lots of warning lights

Had to take the Q in for service today. Let's see, where do I begin. Looks like I got some snow up into the lower grill area and that set off a plethora of alarms. I am not to worried because it is under warranty so here we go. I'm mostly posting this because of the way I now have to drive an hour for service because of the way I was treated last year at Hoffman Estates Audi in Illinois. Just like to remind folks why I hate that place. Sorry, you can stop reading, I am just being bitter all over again. At least Continental Audi in Naperville takes care of me and has some real class when it comes to customer service...

Anyway, here is what the dash is showing:

So it looks like I will be getting a new suspension system next week. They have to order parts. Most of the flashing lights were just because the sensors were packed with snow. But the rear air bag is broken. they do not want me to drive it until it is replaced and the parts will be in next week. I have a Q7 loaner so no big deal. It just stinks that I have to drive an hour to the next nearest dealer because I will not go back to Hoffman estates Audi because this happened last year:

And then this:

Old 01-31-2019, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have night vision? Mine had to be fixed. They needed new washers per TSB.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 71 Posts

I can't believe that the dealership instead of kicking that employee out has treated you like this. Unbelievable. They deserve to go out of business because of this way they treat customers.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Polonium1
Do you have night vision? Mine had to be fixed. They needed new washers per TSB.
i do have night vision. Waste of money. I guess it works if you look at it but I’m usually looking at the road so...
Old 02-01-2019, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would put the Hoffman Estates Audi experience summary and video links in your signature and make it easier for people to find with search. Did you share this story with any local news networks?
Old 02-01-2019, 04:47 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiburblium
I would put the Hoffman Estates Audi experience summary and video links in your signature and make it easier for people to find with search. Did you share this story with any local news networks?
That's a good idea..

OP - IMO you should revisit your story as much as you like so people who haven't heard what happened will be made aware.. I read your post when it first happened last year, and even now it still amazes me how the dealer handled it.. What a disgrace..
Old 02-01-2019, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tiburblium

How do you do this?
Old 02-01-2019, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I agree. While what you went through some real crap, you shouldn't post the videos in every thread you start. It's kinda annoying for us too. Also, I can't really read what those messages are because of clarity and size. What exactly were the warnings because of the snow, and what were the messages for the suspension (air I take it?). Thanks
Old 02-01-2019, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
I agree. While what you went through some real crap, you shouldn't post the videos in every thread you start. It's kinda annoying for us too. Also, I can't really read what those messages are because of clarity and size. What exactly were the warnings because of the snow, and what were the messages for the suspension (air I take it?). Thanks

Sorry about reposting all of it. I have been trying to just include a link but it always uploads the video. I guess you have never been attacked and swore at by your local dealer... Kind of a big deal to me.

The four warnings were:
AUDI ADAPTIVE LIGHT MALFUNCTION, SEE OWNERS MANUAL
SUSPENSION MALFUNCTION! YOU MAY CONTINUE DRIVING
AIR SUSPENSION MALFUNCTION! YOU MAY CONTINUE DRIVING
AUDI PRE SENSE: CURRENTLY LIMITED. SEE OWNERS MANUAL

I was told by the dealer that most of the warnings were from snow and ice getting packed around the sensors. But there is also a broken air bag in the rear that will need to be replaced and they have to order parts. Should be in Tuesday. Continental Audi of Naperville has been great.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Collurafici
Sorry about reposting all of it. I have been trying to just include a link but it always uploads the video. I guess you have never been attacked and swore at by your local dealer... Kind of a big deal to me.

The four warnings were:
AUDI ADAPTIVE LIGHT MALFUNCTION, SEE OWNERS MANUAL
SUSPENSION MALFUNCTION! YOU MAY CONTINUE DRIVING
AIR SUSPENSION MALFUNCTION! YOU MAY CONTINUE DRIVING
AUDI PRE SENSE: CURRENTLY LIMITED. SEE OWNERS MANUAL

I was told by the dealer that most of the warnings were from snow and ice getting packed around the sensors. But there is also a broken air bag in the rear that will need to be replaced and they have to order parts. Should be in Tuesday. Continental Audi of Naperville has been great.
I have not been through that experience, but would be livid as well. Yes, most of your issues seem snow related, but the air bag on the suspension going out so early is concerning. Any reason given why that happened? It was the reason I stayed away from the AS. Too many friends had air bags go out after warranty

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Took the Q in for service today. Lots of warning lights