Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Top View Camera changing to graphic mode?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by OneOfOne
2018 here and I have the issue as well
If anyone with any of the models affected by this issue is successful in getting it resolved at their dealer - please let us know here.
My dealer has tried twice with no success & as of yesterday, says they have been told by Audi not to attempt anything else until they release an actual software update to cure what is a known problem.
It's affecting 2018 Q7, Q5, A4, & A5's that I know of for sure.

Last edited by Cadx6; 09-22-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am going to try anyway as I want to drive whatever loaner they give me as it may help me decide what other Audi to buy.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I got a 2018 Q5 PP loaner with VC, B&O, and 20" wheels, but without a top view camera, so this car is stuck in graphic mode 100% of the time!

The Q5 drives nicely, and I am ok with the size of it, but I miss my ACC, cameras, HUD, B&O, ventilation, soft-close doors, pipe lighting, and don't like how the display is stuck to the face of the dash all the time.

The B&O sounds better than how my BOSE came, but not better than my BOSE with the sub-woofers that I added.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevenpoint
Mine is 2018, I don't have this issue, stays in camera 360 mode in the side..... Only thing that's annoying is when mirrors are up it blanks them out.

If it helps at all, in MMI I've set mine to fold mirrors when turning off the car. Not sure if that affects it in some way...
spoke too soon, it switched one time to graphic mode. Ack almost as annoying as having to switch to preset mode every start
Old 09-25-2017, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While I don't have a Q7, I've had 2 SQ5's, both 2018. The first one didn't have the issue, my current one does. The issue only started after they applied the TSB fix for when the cameras all go black and don't work. I wonder if it's related...
Old 09-25-2017, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hmm. I brought my car in today, and showed them a camera TSB. Maybe they will tell me that the TSB was applied before I got my car. And maybe that is what broke this setting.

In any case, the loaner doesn't have a top-view camera, which is actually worse than a top-view camera that works 90% of the time.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts

I just picked up a 2018 Q7 Prestige last week (ordered in May). I think the top view stuck for the 1st day, but I noticed over the weekend that it reverts back to graphic mode, seemingly after a restart or length of time of being off. So add me to the growing list.
I thought maybe the problem started after enabling the auto-folding mirrors upon locking, so I reversed that, but found the problem to persist.
(I accidentally started a thread on the matter yesterday, having somehow failed to find this thread before posting on my phone. Anyway, just wanted to add another affected car to the thread).
Old 09-25-2017, 07:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlbertQ7
I just picked up a 2018 Q7 Prestige last week (ordered in May). I think the top view stuck for the 1st day, but I noticed over the weekend that it reverts back to graphic mode, seemingly after a restart or length of time of being off. So add me to the growing list.
I thought maybe the problem started after enabling the auto-folding mirrors upon locking, so I reversed that, but found the problem to persist.
(I accidentally started a thread on the matter yesterday, having somehow failed to find this thread before posting on my phone. Anyway, just wanted to add another affected car to the thread).
My 2018 Q7 PP also has this issue as mentioned earlier, but seems not as bad as you mentioned. Roughly 1/10 percentage or lower (once it happens I just set it back to camera) no matter how long been off or how frequent been restarted, so it is okay for me right now, but still hope Audi could have a solution.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Audi describes bug and work-around

This has just been sent to me from Audi in Germany:

"This concern is being investigated and will involve a SW update to correct. This concern occurs when the automatic Park Distance Control is activated and the forward view is displayed, (always a graphic view on right side of MMI) and then the vehicle being shut off. After a sleep cycle, the MMI stores the graphic view in memory. This also causes the setting in the MMI to change from camera to graphic view. To avoid this from happening, the customer would have to select reverse gear before shutting off the vehicle to force the overhead camera view to be displayed and incidentally stored in memory each time the vehicle is shut off during a PDC event. Make sure the setting in the MMI is set to camera before releasing the vehicle and advise the customer of the current operation and how to avoid the concern."

Audi advises there is no current time line for the SW solution for this concern at this time. Software can take 6 months or more to develop and release.

I'm going to try what they suggest now that they've described what the bug is and how it is triggered.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scoopman
This has just been sent to me from Audi in Germany:

"This concern is being investigated and will involve a SW update to correct. This concern occurs when the automatic Park Distance Control is activated and the forward view is displayed, (always a graphic view on right side of MMI) and then the vehicle being shut off. After a sleep cycle, the MMI stores the graphic view in memory. This also causes the setting in the MMI to change from camera to graphic view. To avoid this from happening, the customer would have to select reverse gear before shutting off the vehicle to force the overhead camera view to be displayed and incidentally stored in memory each time the vehicle is shut off during a PDC event. Make sure the setting in the MMI is set to camera before releasing the vehicle and advise the customer of the current operation and how to avoid the concern."

Audi advises there is no current time line for the SW solution for this concern at this time. Software can take 6 months or more to develop and release.

I'm going to try what they suggest now that they've described what the bug is and how it is triggered.
Thanks for sharing, I will give it a try.

Quick Reply: Top View Camera changing to graphic mode?