Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Tracking Shipment fro Bratislava?

Old 05-22-2019, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
The nice thing is sold cars get loaded onto a truck & come directly here in about 3 to 4 days.
Interesting, I will have to ask if that is true for here as well. Thanks!
Old 05-22-2019, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Updates on my Q7 shipping from the dealer:

1) It is on the "Columbia Highway" and has left Emden! The ship apparently makes some East coast stops before going to Houston. Supposed to arrive in Houston on June 10.
2) Our dealer said that sold vehicles still go by rail, then truck, but they get priority over inventory vehicles. In this case, probably by rail to Portland and then by truck to the dealer.

Last edited by Astropup; 05-22-2019 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Oh great, two days delay for anyone with a car on this vessel. Supposed to be unloading in Rhode Island right now and then on to Houston. Now for some reason it shows June 3rd for making port in RI - the ship is just parked offshore not moving.

Prolly a port issue.

Shipping lines hate this crap - costs them a lot on money. As Monty Python said: "Those responsible will be sacked"

Last edited by Astropup; 06-01-2019 at 06:04 AM.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Columbia Highway finally made port in RI this AM - it is already unloaded (only took about 10 hours!) and on it's way to the next stop - Jacksonville. Then on to Houston!

Last edited by Astropup; 06-03-2019 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Delayed again! Supposed to moor in Jacksonville this AM but took until late afternoon to move toward the mouth of the (St. John's) river. Probably because there were three other vehicle carriers already in port. Looks like it is meeting the pilot boat now and two of the other carriers are on the way out.

Kinda fun tracking this - if sometimes frustrating.

Last edited by Astropup; 06-06-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Astropup
Kinda fun tracking this - if sometimes frustrating.
You have a different definition of fun than I do. Its like watching paint dry, that said I had no patience and couldn't wait for mine to arrive, and I wanted to punch my computer monitor when I saw the boat just sitting in the harbor for 3 days.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Brimstone
You have a different definition of fun than I do. Its like watching paint dry, that said I had no patience and couldn't wait for mine to arrive, and I wanted to punch my computer monitor when I saw the boat just sitting in the harbor for 3 days.
I wondered about that. Do the unloaders only work daytime weekdays? The CH seemed to sit offshore in RI and that was over the weekend but once in port it took less than a workday to unload the cars bound for that port and be back at sea. Fortunately it got into JAX yesterday evening and is still moored there so should be unloaded and on it's way to Houston by the end of the day, failing something weird. Right now there is only one other carrier at that terminal and none offshore. Yesterday there were three.

In any case, it is still way ahead of original detail sheet schedule. Hope to have the vehicle before the 4th of July.

Last edited by Astropup; 06-07-2019 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

2:15 PDT and now tugs are pushing the CH into the main channel of the St. Johns River at JAX. Good to see it at sea before the weekend. Hopefully the next stop will be Houston (doesn't say yet) where my Q7 will unload. Should be. I am impressed with how fast they unload. Getting into port is sometimes a bit slow, however.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I have no idea how the port works. I would think they would operate near 24/7 since someone is losing money if things just sit (often many people). I'd guess priority is given to boats at the dock, then boats on the schedule so if you miss your slot they'll get you in when they can, but it could just be a queue and you get in line when you arrive and if they're 2 days behind schedule you're stuck waiting. But i have no clue whatsoever.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

The Columbia Highway is now in Houston and should be mooring in the next 30 minutes. I managed to capture an image of it from the webcam atop the San Jacinto Monument as it went past this morning!

Next stop, the train.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tracking Shipment fro Bratislava?