Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Tracking Shipment fro Bratislava?

Old 06-11-2019, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

OK, same day in the evening and the CH is on it's way out of Houston and headed to Veracruz Mexico. My Q7 should be unloaded and being checked and prepped. Next is the rail load.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Dealer told me today that it has been released to the carrier (Rail) at the Port in Houston. ETA at dealer is mid July but I suspect major padding on this date. I will post a timeline for folk's reference once it arrives at the dealer.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Definitely post some pics when you finally get her in! Navarra Blue is yum!
Old 06-18-2019, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Trancemission
Definitely post some pics when you finally get her in! Navarra Blue is yum!
Will do. Kinda odd that it takes longer to get from Houston to Oregon than it did to get from Emden to Houston (which included two other port stops). Wish there was some way to track rail and truck but there is none that I am aware of. I do hope (and kinda expect) that it will beat the mid July date.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Update: There are apparently two rail-to-auto transfer points in the Pacific NW. One in Portland Oregon, the other in Renton Washington (Seattle metro area). My dealer tells me that they have gotten trucks in from both locations at times so right now can't say which one it will be coming from. He did say the projected arrival at dealer is now 7-6 to 7-11. Since 7-6 is a Sunday, I suspect these are not very accurate estimates. Not sure why so long but that could change since the post-port-arrival estimate was later than that. Yup, there are car yards in both places:

Last edited by Astropup; 06-22-2019 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Dealer just e-mailed - it has arrived at the dealer and is being unloaded. Will need all the pre-delivery stuff and then the Xpel and Ceramic Pro. Of course the 4th of July will really slow things down! Probably mid-week next week. So from order to deliver will have been about 2 1/2 months and from completion to delivery will have been just under 2 months. Quick Dealer Pic - still has some shipping protection in place.

Also found out I get another $1500 off due to Audi's summer promo, which started yesterday!

Last edited by Astropup; 07-03-2019 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Astropup
Dealer just e-mailed - it has arrived at the dealer and is being unloaded. Will need all the pre-delivery stuff and then the Xpel and Ceramic Pro. Of course the 4th of July will really slow things down! Probably mid-week next week. So from order to deliver will have been about 2 1/2 months and from completion to delivery will have been just under 2 months. Quick Dealer Pic - still has some shipping protection in place.

Also found out I get another $1500 off due to Audi's summer promo, which started yesterday!

Wtf another promo that started yesterday? Curious that I picked up and paid for my car yesterday and they mentioned there were no more incentives.

But alas, I still got them to take the price down by another $1000. So, I ended up with almost a 13% discount.

She’s lookin great! We can be almost twins! Not a lot of Navarra Blue out there!
Old 07-09-2019, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ack! Another delay! They were prepping to do the Expel and found a scratch on the spoiler (ironically, from the protective bag) that could not be buffed out so they pulled the spoiler and sent it to be repainted. They did send it to the best paint shop in the area that specializes in euro vehicles. It should be back today and they can get going on Expel and Ceramic Pro. At least they were being fussy, so that is good. They are now saying Friday but that depends on when the spoiler comes back.

Making me crazy!

Last edited by Astropup; 07-09-2019 at 08:07 AM.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

If the spoiler is going to be covered with Xpel, you might want to wait about 30 days or until the paint cures to cover the newly painted part.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jahummel
If the spoiler is going to be covered with Xpel, you might want to wait about 30 days or until the paint cures to cover the newly painted part.

Nope, that is not going to be covered - in the back so little potential for chip damage.

Last edited by Astropup; 07-09-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tracking Shipment fro Bratislava?