AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   Traffic flow info for Canadian q7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/traffic-flow-info-canadian-q7-2914314/)

boshiku 02-11-2017 03:41 PM

Traffic flow info for Canadian q7

I followed instructions on how to activate Google Earth and TMC for canadian q7, and still was not satisfied with the result, since no info on traffic jams was shown on the map. After tinkering a bit, found that changing TMC adaptation from 1537 to 34305 enables traffic flow info shown on the screen. You still need to be subscribed to SiriusXM traffic to get updates (use US address to get it 3x cheaper than canadian one) , pretty sure online connection is not used to pull data from web.
Hope it helps to fellow q7ers in Canada.

Kall 02-12-2017 10:20 AM

Thankssss for the useful info.

ekyp 02-12-2017 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by boshiku (Post 24921149)
I followed instructions on how to activate Google Earth and TMC for canadian q7, and still was not satisfied with the result, since no info on traffic jams was shown on the map. After tinkering a bit, found that changing TMC adaptation from 1537 to 34305 enables traffic flow info shown on the screen. You still need to be subscribed to SiriusXM traffic to get updates (use US address to get it 3x cheaper than canadian one) , pretty sure online connection is not used to pull data from web.

Interesting! So what is the difference between 1537 and 34305 if they are both Sirius traffic? Does yours provide traffic for city roads? I know Sirius only provides traffic on major highway here in Vancouver.

i just tried changing mine to 34305 and I still see the online traffic check box but nothing comes in. I am not subscribed to Sirius traffic though.

boshiku 02-12-2017 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by ekyp (Post 24921766)
Interesting! So what is the difference between 1537 and 34305 if they are both Sirius traffic? Does yours provide traffic for city roads? I know Sirius only provides traffic on major highway here in Vancouver.

i just tried changing mine to 34305 and I still see the online traffic check box but nothing comes in. I am not subscribed to Sirius traffic though.

1537 is the code for sirius traffic, and has info on road closures, traffic flow info, but q7's mmi is set to only interpret traffic messages. Thus, when you set 1537, you are getting most of info available from sirius, but your mmi does not show it all. If you add 32768 to the code (hence 34305), mmi understands it as sirius + online services, and will able to show traffic flow info on the screen, even though the information is coming from sirius, and not audi connect.

Hawk09 02-13-2017 05:49 AM

So this point: I followed instructions on how to activate Google Earth and TMC for canadian q7

Google Earth works on Canadian Q7? Please tell me more how to get this :)

boshiku 02-13-2017 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Hawk09 (Post 24921874)
So this point: I followed instructions on how to activate Google Earth and TMC for canadian q7

Google Earth works on Canadian Q7? Please tell me more how to get this :)

Follow instructions here:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...-audi-2912779/

Sammy123 12-04-2018 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by boshiku (Post 24921149)

Hi, Do you know if something changed from Audi or Sirius side. I have 2018 Q5, I filled your instructions back in August when I purchased this vehicle and traffic started working. I got subscription from Sirius US traffic only as well.
Now traffic suddenly stopped working as my original 3 months trial ended. On Sirius XM Us it show traffic service and I refreshed signal few times as well but no luck.
any advise?

NABS4 12-04-2018 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sammy123 (Post 25244619)
Hi, Do you know if something changed from Audi or Sirius side. I have 2018 Q5, I filled your instructions back in August when I purchased this vehicle and traffic started working. I got subscription from Sirius US traffic only as well.
Now traffic suddenly stopped working as my original 3 months trial ended. On Sirius XM Us it show traffic service and I refreshed signal few times as well but no luck.
any advise?

CarPlay

nitinbali60 12-05-2018 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by boshiku (Post 24921877)

Hi, I have 2018 Q7 Tecknik. I do have audi connect but it is limited and doesn't have all the features available in US models. I was wondering if these instructions could work on my car to enable google earth. Any potential issues this may cause or break anything else?

Thanks