Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Travall dog barrier for my Q7

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Travall dog barrier for my Q7

The fine folks at Travall have made an easy to install and effective barrier for the Audi Q7. I procrastinated in setting it up as I thought it might take a while, but turns out that this is a quick install. I did it in less than a half hour, with just one screwdriver and a pair of scissors.

https://www.travall.com/en-us/travall-guard

Two boxes... one is the guard and the other a rubber floor mat for the rear.

Travall dog barrier for my Q7-1tcimfw.jpg

Mat will settle in flat after it's been unrolled...

Travall dog barrier for my Q7-yrrikfv.jpg

Probably want to trim out these sections to expose the clips

Travall dog barrier for my Q7-9vbydep.jpg

Simple parts...

Travall dog barrier for my Q7-07fi6ql.jpg

Good fit....

Travall dog barrier for my Q7-iyaxyqh.jpg

Access to rear if needed.....

Travall dog barrier for my Q7-kafqf3c.jpg

Tight fit up top...

Travall dog barrier for my Q7-iguwggm.jpg

Hershey doesn't mind...

Travall dog barrier for my Q7-uahvmqo.jpg

Travall dog barrier for my Q7-dfg3lgx.jpg

Overall seems like a really good product!

Last edited by GeoJoe; 12-03-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you take a look at the WeatherTech barrier? I don't think I'll be shuttling my dog in the Q7 but I saw that WT has started going hard on pet products, including barriers and bowls and such. They claim those products don't have "toxins" you may find in many other pet products.

Sounds like marketing crap but I do like WT products like mats and such. Just didn't know if anyone had tried those and how well they worked or if simply the "toxins" was just marketing scheme and that they're not as abundant as one might assume.

Without taking a stand on it, I know WT boasts about the "made in the USA" stuff too and that isn't too big of a priority for me either, so long as it works and is durable.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Great Install @GeoJoe !
Old 12-04-2018, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by smacky
Did you take a look at the WeatherTech barrier? I don't think I'll be shuttling my dog in the Q7 but I saw that WT has started going hard on pet products, including barriers and bowls and such. They claim those products don't have "toxins" you may find in many other pet products.

Sounds like marketing crap but I do like WT products like mats and such. Just didn't know if anyone had tried those and how well they worked or if simply the "toxins" was just marketing scheme and that they're not as abundant as one might assume.

Without taking a stand on it, I know WT boasts about the "made in the USA" stuff too and that isn't too big of a priority for me either, so long as it works and is durable.
WT has some nice products, but what's nice about Travall is that they have extremely focused on these types of barriers. If you take a look at their site (https://www.travall.com/en-us), you'll notice they only focus on like 6 categories.

I agree with you about the WT products being marketed well. Travall is actually quite large and well known in Europe, in some places even moreso than WT. I think they are trying to get themselves more known in the US by getting on a site like AudiWorld.com to showcase to the right crowd.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have used WT products in other rides, no issues with them. Figured I'd try this one from Travall.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:03 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to see you're enjoying your Travall products! Welcome to the family!
Old 12-05-2018, 01:23 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by smacky

Sounds like marketing crap but I do like WT products like mats and such. Just didn't know if anyone had tried those and how well they worked or if simply the "toxins" was just a marketing scheme and that they're not as abundant as one might assume.

Hey! Not to sound all markety BUT.... Our Guard differs from the WT barrier in a few ways - firstly our Guards are not a universal 'one size fits all', each is vehicle-specific to every model so that every Guard has a perfect fit with no large gaps on the Guard itself OR between the Guard and your car. Meaning no little dogs can squeeze through and no loose items in the trunk are going to fall through. Secondly, our Guard is secured in place by attaching to your cars trunk anchor points so even the largest and heaviest or dogs (or items in the trunk!) aren't going to knock it down! Hope that clarifies a bit!
The following users liked this post:
calculi (12-04-2020)
Old 12-05-2018, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by travall_usa
Glad to see you're enjoying your Travall products! Welcome to the family!
Hey, thanks! Great to see a vendor in here supporting their products.

Originally Posted by travall_usa
Hey! Not to sound all markety BUT.... Our Guard differs from the WT barrier in a few ways - firstly our Guards are not a universal 'one size fits all', each is vehicle-specific to every model so that every Guard has a perfect fit with no large gaps on the Guard itself OR between the Guard and your car. Meaning no little dogs can squeeze through and no loose items in the trunk are going to fall through. Secondly, our Guard is secured in place by attaching to your cars trunk anchor points so even the largest and heaviest or dogs (or items in the trunk!) aren't going to knock it down! Hope that clarifies a bit!
Yes, the barrier is a tight fit and also looks great with my interior. It's obviously made-to-fit the Q7 and not some wonky setup that might work with a dozen SUVs.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Travall and it is a pain to take in and out. It gets the job done though. I wish there was some simple mesh roll up.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:03 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by M0J0
I have the Travall and it is a pain to take in and out. It gets the job done though. I wish there was some simple mesh roll up.
Thanks for your feedback, I'm sorry to hear it can be a pain to take in and out. While a mesh roll up might be easier to install I don't think it would be as safe as the Guard is!

Quick Reply: Travall dog barrier for my Q7