Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Upgrade Questions & Q7 MY19 Changes

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 05:38 PM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Don’t know about difference between diesel and 3.0, but I upgraded from a lighter weight 2.0 q5 turbo to the 2018 3.0q7 supercharged. The difference is amazing. Q7 is buttery smooth and powerful. Then switch into “sport” mode and wow. Still smooth but it really moves.
Still haven’t towed yet, but expect the towing to be much better than the q5.
Gas mileage is just below 20 for me while in town. We have lots of hills which drop the economy.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by timshuwy
Don’t know about difference between diesel and 3.0, but I upgraded from a lighter weight 2.0 q5 turbo to the 2018 3.0q7 supercharged. The difference is amazing. Q7 is buttery smooth and powerful. Then switch into “sport” mode and wow. Still smooth but it really moves.
Still haven’t towed yet, but expect the towing to be much better than the q5.
Gas mileage is just below 20 for me while in town. We have lots of hills which drop the economy.
Thanks for the tip - Did the test drive today and placed the order.. excited.. !!!! Now is the difficult part, ETA is 5/21/2018 - 06/04/2018... Dealer said if there are changes coming in MY19 they will switch over to the new one. Got a good deal- 9% off MSRP!!
Old 03-24-2018, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by anilx783
Thanks for the tip - Did the test drive today and placed the order.. excited.. !!!! Now is the difficult part, ETA is 5/21/2018 - 06/04/2018... Dealer said if there are changes coming in MY19 they will switch over to the new one. Got a good deal- 9% off MSRP!!
Congrats! What did you order? Specs/options?
Old 03-24-2018, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

2018 Q7 3.0T WPT - Prestige Package, Samurai Gray metallic, FZ- Black Interior, High-gloss Black/Oak Gray Wood inlays, Cold weather package, Driver assistance package, Luxury package, Adaptive chassis package, Titanium Black optic package, Night vision assistant with pedestrian and large-animal detection, Black Alcantara® headliner, 1D6 Towing Package, 1S1- Vehicle Jack, LMC - USB Cables, QWL - Audi Guard Wheel Lock Kit, RAB - Audi Beam - Rings, RTC -Privacy Trunk Cover, SPC - Seven Pin Connector for Towing Hitch.

Current ETA 05/21/2018 - 06/04/2018.
Vehicle Status - In Transit from Factory.

Looks like its already out from Factory - Not sure why it would take two months to come.. He doesn't have the ship details now, will give it me in 2 days is what he said.. Not sure how accurate is the ETA..

Really didn't want the night vision and luxury package.. However there was nothing available in the color and options I wanted to was thinking what to do.. then he threw in $9515 in discount including the $1000 audi loyalty rebate.... to make the decision easier..
Old 03-24-2018, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2018 Q7 3.0T WPT - Prestige Package, Samurai Gray metallic, FZ- Black Interior, High-gloss Black/Oak Gray Wood inlays, Cold weather package, Driver assistance package, Luxury package, Adaptive chassis package, Titanium Black optic package, Night vision assistant with pedestrian and large-animal detection, Black Alcantara® headliner, 1D6 Towing Package, 1S1- Vehicle Jack, LMC - USB Cables, QWL - Audi Guard Wheel Lock Kit, RAB - Audi Beam - Rings, RTC -Privacy Trunk Cover, SPC - Seven Pin Connector for Towing Hitch.

Looks like its already out from Factory - Not sure why it would take two months to come.. He doesn't have the ship details now, will give it me in 2 days is what he said.. Not sure how accurate is the ETA..

Really didn't want the night vision and luxury package.. However there was nothing available in the color and options I wanted to was thinking what to do.. then he threw in $9515 in discount including the $1000 audi loyalty rebate.... to make the decision easier..

An 8K discount? Damn. We got $3K off ~$81K.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thats a huge discount! well done. If its finished production, then you'll have it in a month
Old 03-25-2018, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Thats a huge discount! well done. If its finished production, then you'll have it in a month
Wow! in one month?? I thought it would take more than that - Status says "In transit from Factory" that means its production done right?
Old 03-25-2018, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Wow! in one month?? I thought it would take more than that - Status says "In transit from Factory" that means its production done right?
Yes it does. I'm not sure where you are, but I'm on the East coast, and had mine in exactly a month from when it finished production.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am in Omaha Nebraska - my port is Houston. It takes 10 days after reaching port is what I heard. So it should be in the ship already, I sent an email to the SA to find out, thanks for your help!
Old 03-27-2018, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a current owner of a 2014 A6 Prestige W/Sport package TDI and a brand new 2018 Q7 Prestige. both vehicles were ordered by me and are very loaded. A couple of things to state. First, the torque on the TDI is in a class all to itself. My A6 is a rocket ship. The performance and mileage won't be matched at all. Having said that, the Q7 is a dream vehicle. It has the Adaptive chassis, Luxury package, with the Prestige trim level. The only major options missing are the Black Optic and the B & O. It listed for just about $85k.

In both cases I found the B & O option to be way too much for the value both as a user and at resale. The Bose is most sufficient. I'd put the money into the Adaptive Chassis all day long. As a friend who sells Audi said to me, there is a big difference from what I have versus even a Prestige with $7 to 10k less in cost. I'd put my Q7's ride up to a A8 any day. This Q7 floats down the road. As far as its performance, its not as responsive in acceleration or mileage. It has to do with going back to a gas engine. Still, overall it's a beautiful vehicle.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Upgrade Questions & Q7 MY19 Changes