Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

USED Q7

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default USED Q7

So, I have been thinking of buying a Q7, and now seriously considering getting a used one. I am however still 'concerned' about the lack of a spare tire. Over the weekend, test drove a used 2.0, and a new 3.0; also test drove the Atlas for comparison. The Audi dealer salesman informed me that for approx $1600, I could get the used Q7 certified. I also found a used 3.0 PP with DAP Q7 online for only slightly more than the non-certified 2.0 without DAP at the dealer. My question is, is it possible to purchase a used Q7 from a non-Audi dealer then have it Audi Certified?
Old 10-23-2017, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 566 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by hkn125
My question is, is it possible to purchase a used Q7 from a non-Audi dealer then have it Audi Certified?
no, definitely not an option.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
no, definitely not an option.
Thanks, didn't think so either.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, didn't think so either.
so what did you end up buying?
i'm in the market looking at use audi q7.
I have found a 2.0 Q7 white on black with DAP and Visual Package for 53K, and a 3.0T with just visual Package but white on brown. for 57K. Both Premium plus. Which one you guys think I should get? (both about the same mileage 8k).

thanks
Old 11-13-2017, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't stress over the spare tire. How often do you blow a tire? The run flats work well enough to limp you to a nearby station anyway. How did you like the Atlas? I've heard it's underpowered. Otherwise a nice car. I don't think it has active lane assist though?

I would definitely get the DAP if you plan on doing any highway and stop-and-go type driving... it's really worth it. That being said, I haven't driven the 2.0T Q7. How did you like the engine? I love the 3.0T engine as it's what's in my S4 and has been really good to me.

Price seems about right as advertised on a P+ 3.0T with 8k miles. You can negotiate that down though. The DAP cars are asking on average $2-3k more used than a comparable car with no DAP. Holding that value because it's highly desired. It will also hold resale value better.

Good luck.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Trevor K
I wouldn't stress over the spare tire. How often do you blow a tire? The run flats work well enough to limp you to a nearby station anyway. How did you like the Atlas? I've heard it's underpowered. Otherwise a nice car. I don't think it has active lane assist though?

I would definitely get the DAP if you plan on doing any highway and stop-and-go type driving... it's really worth it. That being said, I haven't driven the 2.0T Q7. How did you like the engine? I love the 3.0T engine as it's what's in my S4 and has been really good to me.

Price seems about right as advertised on a P+ 3.0T with 8k miles. You can negotiate that down though. The DAP cars are asking on average $2-3k more used than a comparable car with no DAP. Holding that value because it's highly desired. It will also hold resale value better.

Good luck.
yeah you are about right,
I found a q7 2017 3.0T prem plus, with VP, DAP, warm and cold weather for 59K. With 11K mileage.
hmmm still deciding, should I pull the trigger on this. ??
Old 11-13-2017, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by raptors2k
yeah you are about right,
I found a q7 2017 3.0T prem plus, with VP, DAP, warm and cold weather for 59K. With 11K mileage.
hmmm still deciding, should I pull the trigger on this. ??
Couple of people responded to your thread that you started for this. Check there.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Trevor K

Good luck.
True, though wife had a tire blow out once in our current vehicle several years ago. Always woory about being in a remote area, eg Yellowstone , and getting a flat tire
Old 11-14-2017, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

True, though wife had a tire blow out once in our current vehicle several years ago. Always woory about being in a remote area, eg Yellowstone , and getting a flat tire
Sure, that could happen. But what is the probability that you’re in a remote area, you get a flat, and it’s a type of flat that the run flat tire can’t survive or the can of tire goop can’t temporarily fix?
And how does that probability compare to all the other issues that could happen to your car in a remote area and leave you stranded (run out of gas, engine issues, dead battery, car accident)?
A flat tire is a concern, but is it that big of a risk with everything else in perspective?
Old 11-15-2017, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Any potential downside to getting a CPO prestige fully loaded with >40000 miles? Priced below NADA

Last edited by hkn125; 11-15-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Quick Reply: USED Q7