Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

UTR Installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shaikhmf
Hello
Thank you for your feedback. I have been very interested in the installation of the UTR from long time ago.

Some quick questions, after the install,

1. were you able to install the from the App store on your phone? Do you use iphone for the app?
2. which App store did you get the app from (US or other)? Does the app work (GPS) functions etc.?
3. Where did you buy your UTR and how much did you pay?

Thank you!!
Friendly request......Was anyone able to use Traffic Recorder in the US? I can get a set of from and Back from eBay, I still cant get it if the App of Traffice Recorder can be used in the US. Anyone's after install experience and a detailed replay would be appreciated.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

Friendly request......Was anyone able to use Traffic Recorder in the US? I can get a set of from and Back from eBay, I still cant get it if the App of Traffice Recorder can be used in the US. Anyone's after install experience and a detailed replay would be appreciated.
Read my post #164 in this thread: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...935314/page17/

Yes, the Audi UTR app can be used in US but you have to create another account iOS account with a different region in order to download it/update it: https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/c...phone-0176591/
Old 02-14-2019, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dohturdima
Read my post #164 in this thread: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...935314/page17/

Yes, the Audi UTR app can be used in US but you have to create another account iOS account with a different region in order to download it/update it: https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/c...phone-0176591/
Hello
Thanks for replying to my query and referring me to the other thread link. I have a quick question here before I commit to get it from eBay.....(a UK seller is giving both front and rear units for about $500!).

- How do you get the "LIVE" view of the camera(s); does it have to do something with the AudiConnect subscription-based paid services or is it some other algorithms working here to get it?

Thanks in advance for your quick reply.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hello
Thanks for replying to my query and referring me to the other thread link. I have a quick question here before I commit to get it from eBay.....(a UK seller is giving both front and rear units for about $500!).

- How do you get the "LIVE" view of the camera(s); does it have to do something with the AudiConnect subscription-based paid services or is it some other algorithms working here to get it?

Thanks in advance for your quick reply.
It has nothing to do with Audi Connect - you have to connect to the wifi hotspot of the camera itself, to be able to see the images/videos live. There is no cloud storage. Unfortunately, this is where the UTR is showing its age. The newer Blackvue cams have this feature - but there is no indication of v2 of the UTR

Last edited by dohturdima; 02-14-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default UTR Canada

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and have been researching dash cam options for my 2018 Q7. I just noticed that the Audi UTR is now available in Canada. https://www.audiaccessories.ca/ The price seems high at 900 CAD for the front and back cameras and 50 CAD for Wiring Set. Not sure if that includes installation. I had a quick look at the US site and it is not offered yet. The app is also available in the Canadian iOS App store. I'm debating to install this or go with another third party cam that has more features for cheaper.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tazmo
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and have been researching dash cam options for my 2018 Q7. I just noticed that the Audi UTR is now available in Canada. https://www.audiaccessories.ca/ The price seems high at 900 CAD for the front and back cameras and 50 CAD for Wiring Set. Not sure if that includes installation. I had a quick look at the US site and it is not offered yet. The app is also available in the Canadian iOS App Store. I'm debating to install this or go with another third party cam that has more features for cheaper.
looks good. most probably Audi US would follow it soon. I don't think it includes any installation fee. It might be a good idea if someone can ask a local Canadian Audi dealer ask the installation charges and post here for an idea. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Install

I got my front and rear cams from a UK eBay seller ($463 total). I have no idea on how to install this system. I installed my valentine one through hard wire so I know how to access the rear view mirror harness. However, I have no clue on how to remove the A-pillar and all other necessary trims to run the cable to the rear. Also, not sure which of the plugs to use on the Q7 wiring adapter (4 plugs). Any tips are appreciated, but a link to video or a manual is even better.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Esqd
I got my front and rear cams from a UK eBay seller ($463 total). I have no idea on how to install this system. I installed my valentine one through hard wire so I know how to access the rear view mirror harness. However, I have no clue on how to remove the A-pillar and all other necessary trims to run the cable to the rear. Also, not sure which of the plugs to use on the Q7 wiring adapter (4 plugs). Any tips are appreciated, but a link to video or a manual is even better.
Here is the link to the installation instructions.

Last edited by dohturdima; 03-24-2019 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Harness

How to tuck in the thick harness while reinstalling the main cover?
Old 03-28-2019, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Dunno - I didn't do the install myself...

Quick Reply: UTR Installation