Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

VCDS for the new Q7

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 06:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
Stupid question: what is the "wink"?
When the vehicle dims or turns off (not sure if it dims or totally turns off) the DRL, or daytime running light, when you put on a turn signal/hazard lights so the yellow turn signal/hazard flash can be seen better.

Because of this, I almost wish they had the DRL's turn yellow when an indicator was used, instead of having different signal indicators. Would have looked pretty cool IMO.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So...no luck on the Q7. It will pull some info. Errors out during "customize" scan. I pulled a debug and sent it to them. It does work on the allroad.

It's a little on the slow side, just pulling info. It does let you email yourself all of the current settings, in case you need to go back.

I'll let you know if/when I hear back from Carista.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the update AudiByNature.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Wait, so I thought the start/stop disable was just a button on the dash? (perhaps that's the Prestige only) I've actually found mine to be quite unobtrusive. It still has a very slight delay but much better than other vehicles I've driven in the past. I've also figured out how to get it to start by just releasing slight pressure on the brake when trying to get a jump on traffic. Curious to research this Ross-Tech and Carista thing. I love all the tech stuff y'all are sharing.

Originally Posted by aquarian
Since it's so new, I am sure no one has tried to change anything in the car. Also, looking at the Ross-Tech website, the regular USB version isn't compatible with the new Q7. So, the only option is to get the wireless dongle.

Things to change would be:

1) Disable the wink
2) Activate ambient lighting color selection on a non-Prestige
3) Disable engine start/stop - it's annoying

etc..
Old 02-22-2016, 03:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by imcav8r
Wait, so I thought the start/stop disable was just a button on the dash? (perhaps that's the Prestige only) I've actually found mine to be quite unobtrusive. It still has a very slight delay but much better than other vehicles I've driven in the past. I've also figured out how to get it to start by just releasing slight pressure on the brake when trying to get a jump on traffic. Curious to research this Ross-Tech and Carista thing. I love all the tech stuff y'all are sharing.

There is a button on the dash to disable it but some people simply don't like it, for whatever the reason, and they have to hit it every time they start the vehicle. The reason typically given why it always defaults on is because, at least in the US, the car is certified for its MPG numbers with the feature on so it has to default on.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiByNature
So...no luck on the Q7. It will pull some info. Errors out during "customize" scan. I pulled a debug and sent it to them. It does work on the allroad.

It's a little on the slow side, just pulling info. It does let you email yourself all of the current settings, in case you need to go back.

I'll let you know if/when I hear back from Carista.
I sent an email to Carista asking about the 2017 Q7 (I won't have mine until May). Here's what they said:

Hello Rick,

Thank you for your interest in Carista. I believe we have some settings for that model, but we don't know for sure. If you have the hardware, could you send us debug data (here you can see how: FAQ | Carista OBD2 - Vehicle Diagnostics and Customization ) and we will research further. Thank you.

Regards,
Borislava Kaneva
Carista
Old 05-25-2016, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Since it's so new, I am sure no one has tried to change anything in the car. Also, looking at the Ross-Tech website, the regular USB version isn't compatible with the new Q7. So, the only option is to get the wireless dongle.

Things to change would be:

1) Disable the wink
2) Activate ambient lighting color selection on a non-Prestige
3) Disable engine start/stop - it's annoying

etc..
aquarian,

Any progress getting any of the three things you listed above in the past few months?

Just got my car on Monday and have been poking around. The ambient lighting colors are definitely there (not sure what I was doing but the ambient light colors changed while I was just in the car poking around with VCDS... maybe during a scan or something).
Old 05-25-2016, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you have the Hex-Net? According to the website that's only module that one can use to connect to the newer Audi's.

My Hex-USB-CAN won't connect to the Q7....

Originally Posted by asm777
aquarian,

Any progress getting any of the three things you listed above in the past few months?

Just got my car on Monday and have been poking around. The ambient lighting colors are definitely there (not sure what I was doing but the ambient light colors changed while I was just in the car poking around with VCDS... maybe during a scan or something).
Old 05-25-2016, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Do you have the Hex-Net? According to the website that's only module that one can use to connect to the newer Audi's.

My Hex-USB-CAN won't connect to the Q7....
Have you tried using the latest beta version 16.5.1? According to Ross-Tech, Hex-USB-CAN should be able to connect to MLB 2 cars (aka Q7 Mk2 and A4 B9) using the new firmware. There're a couple of labels too.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by otteporihs
Have you tried using the latest beta version 16.5.1? According to Ross-Tech, Hex-USB-CAN should be able to connect to MLB 2 cars (aka Q7 Mk2 and A4 B9) using the new firmware. There're a couple of labels too.
+1

Posted in the other VCDS thread. I'm using HEX-USB+CAN and latest 16.5.1 beta (I think they just released this in the past couple days).

There are still a few modules that don't show up but was able to do:
- Needle sweep
- Gear # indicator (D1/S1, etc. instead of just D/S)
- Disable seat belt warning

Quick Reply: VCDS for the new Q7