Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Vehicle Jack

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle Jack

I picked up my new Q7 Premium Plus with 20 inch runs flats today. When I got home I noticed that the vehicle jack (which is pretty large and heavy) was secured in a small bag attached to one of then metal clasps in the rear. It was just sitting out in the back. Texted the dealer and he said that that's the way it comes from the factory. He said there is no spare (which I knew) but he thinks it fits in the compartment underneith the floor of the rear.

I lifted the floor and while there is a small space, the open area really isn't shaped properly to secure the jack. There seems to be some other equipment there (repair kit) and something which is under a large plastic shell (not sure what that is).

So is this where the jack is really supposed to be stored? It's very heavy and seems like it may shift around when driving. I don't want to damage anything inside the compartment.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I believe where it is 'supposed' to be stored is where you found it, on that tie down on the left. Mine was there too, probably the port installs them and that is the spot. I just tossed it in the area under the cargo floor to get it out of the way, though yeah, it doesn't have a spot there where it fits perfectly. With run flats and no spare I guess it isn't needed as much but since it fit I'll just leave it for now in mine.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Here's another thread from a new Q7 owner asking about the same thing, i.e. the mystery of the jack and its placement.

The quick and short answer is it is not needed. The Q7 has run-flat tires and it has an air compressor with a can of fix-a-flat. The idea is to use the fix-a-flat on the punctured run-flats to allow the owner to get to a tire shop. So, it is best just to leave the jack at home. Unless, you want it flopping around under your Q7's trunk.

It's the perfect paper weight!
Old 02-27-2016, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hmmm. We ordered the Q7 Prestige with the 21" tires and wheels to avoid the run flats. I wonder if we get a sparre tire? Guess we will find out in a couple of weeks when it arrives, but if any forum members know, would appreciate your thoughts.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferrari27
Hmmm. We ordered the Q7 Prestige with the 21" tires and wheels to avoid the run flats. I wonder if we get a sparre tire? Guess we will find out in a couple of weeks when it arrives, but if any forum members know, would appreciate your thoughts.
All the Prestige models with 21" wheels I looked at at my dealer had no spare tire. Just a can of goop & an air compressor (& a fairly heavy jack in a canvas bag strapped to the left rear tie down ring in the back .

BTW - only the 20" tires are run flat. The optional 21" "summer performance" tires are not.

Last edited by Cadx6; 02-27-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for that. And yes, we ordered the 21's to avoid the run flats.

I drove 200k miles in Corvettes with Michelin non-run flats and no spare. No flats!