Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Video of Audi porter stealing from my Q

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Collurafici
Just to clear up the extortion claim... When talking to the Owner I mentioned that the police officer said he was a good guy. I told the owner that I belong to a charity that raises money for The Gold Star Families. He offered to make a donation on his own. I 'suggested' the amount based on half of what I donate every year. The owner said he would have to check with his accountant but that for sure 100% he would make some sort of donation. I told him that I would believe him when I see it and not to mail a check but that I would pick it up and deliver it myself. I told him that "seeing is believing and that I do not trust him". I was right, he was never planning on doing anything. I called his bluff.

He then told Audi Corporate that I planned this all along. Profiling his employee with the plan all along of entrapping her so I could extort a donation from him. He is full of poop. I just wanted my car fixed. I now have 12000 miles and still need an oil change. My seat is still hissing. I will need to find time to go to a farther away dealer. I got screwed all the way around. I would have been better off letting her steal the money. Thanks Audi.
I was with you up until the whole forcing the owner to donate $2500 to your charity or threatening to go to corporate if he doesn't. Even if it wasn't, I can see why dealer would think you set this up and is an extortion attempt. So what if the owner at first said he would donate to the charity but then decided not to. That is his own personal wish and right.

Yes, it sucks that some third party contractor tried to steal money out of your car unattended but this is unfair to use this person as a misrepresentation of Audi because that individual was the thief (not Audi) and dishonest people can work at any dealership of any car manufacturer. Sure, Audi would be liable for any of their employees. But it is the same as if one of their employees damaged your vehicle and the dealership fixed it before giving your car back. You got your 60 bucks back, they said that the dishonest porter was terminated and you decided not to press charges because to you, it would be a waste of time. So isn't pursuing this further a waste of time? What more do you want?

The police came. She yelled and denied the whole thing. They took her to the station and had a female search her. They found the money. Pressing charges for $60 is a waste of time. I got the money back.

It sounds like the owner was willing to work with you:

The owner asked what he could do to keep my business. It's the closest dealer to my house but still, I don't know.

The owner gave you a chance to ask for something reasonable perhaps that they take care of the next scheduled service, a T-shirt, a gift certificate to a restaurant etc. Not something unreasonable like a brand new R8, pay off the mortgage on your home or even donate $2500 to a charity. I mean, all in all you would have been out 60 bucks that you were never even out of since the money was returned to you.

The owner was apologetic and extended his hand out to you, corporate was apologetic, the porter was fired and you got your 60 bucks back. Going on this smear campaign against Audi will only make you look bad once the full details from both sides come out.

Last edited by milellie111; 06-19-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I respect your opinion and thank you for it. The issue has nothing to do with the girl who stole my money. The problem started when the Parts Manager decided that I was a liar and that he should take the girls side without seeing the video. Then he yells out to me in front of my 9 year old son FCK YOU! Maybe you can over look that, I can't.

The second problem is the donation. The owner said he wanted to make a donation. We talked about the charity work we both do. It was his idea. It's when I told him that I do not trust that he will and I will pick up the check when my parts come in is where this all goes south. If you think I would have believed him after what his parts manager just did to me in front of my 9 year old son, you're crazy. I waited five days for my parts to come in. When I called to see if they were in, the writer told me that the parts were not ordered because the owner will not be making a donation and that I should probably go elsewhere for service.

Then the dealership takes to social media to accuse ME of profiling and entrapment.

So you can continue to take your car there. I can't. Now I need to find another dealer or maybe another brand, which is sounding better than finding another dealer. My last brand was a Porsche and I was treated like a king. The brand before that was a Jeep and I also was treated like royalty even after my trans went out FIVE times. Jeep bought my car back. At Audi, with video proof, I get accused of wrong doing. Can't just let it go, sorry.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I respect your opinion and thank you for it. The issue has nothing to do with the girl who stole my money. The problem started when the Parts Manager decided that I was a liar and that he should take the girls side without seeing the video. Then he yells out to me in front of my 9 year old son FCK YOU! Maybe you can over look that, I can't.

The second problem is the donation. The owner said he wanted to make a donation. We talked about the charity work we both do. It was his idea. It's when I told him that I do not trust that he will and I will pick up the check when my parts come in is where this all goes south. If you think I would have believed him after what his parts manager just did to me in front of my 9 year old son, you're crazy. I waited five days for my parts to come in. When I called to see if they were in, the writer told me that the parts were not ordered because the owner will not be making a donation and that I should probably go elsewhere for service.

Then the dealership takes to social media to accuse ME of profiling and entrapment.

So you can continue to take your car there. I can't. Now I need to find another dealer or maybe another brand, which is sounding better than finding another dealer. My last brand was a Porsche and I was treated like a king. The brand before that was a Jeep and I also was treated like royalty even after my trans went out FIVE times. Jeep bought my car back. At Audi, with video proof, I get accused of wrong doing. Can't just let it go, sorry.

Yeah, the big thing now is to inform people about the dealership. I said it earlier, but I'm sure she wasn't the first porter at any dealership to knick something from a car. But if it happened and there's proof, I think customers in this area deserve to know about it and then decide whether to take their cars there or not. I think the donation talk, which you said was initiated by him and not you, was just his nerves speaking. I'd probably drop that because zeroing-in on that when you tell your side makes it sound like it's about the donation. He said he would and then reneged but that's on him.

I don't know what a police report would have done to the hispanic porter but after seeing your story, I probably would have. Even over $60. I'd want a report for theft and that's it. Otherwise I'd love to take a local dealer's R8 Spyder and when they catch me, just have me give it back and "terminate my contract" with the dealership so I could never go there again. I still stole something. Granted it's much more expensive but I'm sure the dealership would nail me for theft, at the very least. They know they won't get $200K+ in compensation because of the value of the car.

I never intended to go their for servicing because I just don't go North at all, but I would warn the people I know about that dealership, be it for sales or service and tell them to go elsewhere. Just based on the video and not the details you provided about the parts manager and dealership response, I wouldn't put myself or my valuables in a position to be looted like that. I'd just make that point the center point of your complaints and posts and just let the people do the talking. Word of mouth or via social media.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Yes

I thought the Donation was a nice idea. I assumed he was lying that’s why I asked to pick it up and not trust him to mail it. I was right.

I bring up up the donation because that’s his story on how I profiled and entrapped her to extort the donation. It’s all so crazy.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

In many jurisdictions, using that language in front of a child can result in criminal charges of disorderly conduct or similar.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ConservativeConsumer
Dude,
Why not drop the whole thing and enjoy life? This is an ugly thing not worth spending time and nerves on. This whole thing is so insignificant an affair that I frankly cannot understand your persistence in continuing pressing on.
Cheers!
hell no, if i were OP i might let go of stealing part, but **** off from part manager hell no i would take it to supreme court, btw most audi dealers run by exmafia.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

18 years ago, I bought my first new car, a Toyota Camry. The dealership let me put $4000 on a credit card, and I took that option to get my points (paid it off immediately). The card I used was a brand new one that had never been used anywhere.

I got my credit card bill a couple of weeks later. On that bill was the charge from the dealership and another $500 charge for what looked like a pre-paid calling card.

I called the calling card company, and they looked up "my" account based on my credit card number. I let them know I needed a report showing the use of "my" calling card.

I received the report a week later. It showed not only the number that was called with card, but since it utilized a 1-800 number, it also captured the landline that was used to place the call. Dozens of calls, each one to the same number...and all originating from the Toyota dealership.

I waited until late that night and called the number the card was used to call...and who answers, but the very salesman who sold me the car. I never forget a voice. I asked for him, he confirmed it was him, and I hung up.

I went to the police and filed a report the next day (this was with the LAPD). Slam dunk case in my opinion. I could see him crying in jail, repenting for his actions...

I week later I get a call from the detective. He tells me his job is nothing like the movies. They don't have time to deal with "petty" things like this. There is no way to prove the man had anything to do with this... So he cuts me a deal. He basically told me to extort as much money as I wanted from the salesman. He told me to have the salesman and / or his lawyer call him (the detective) and he would "confirm" that they were going after the case. He told me to ask for "restitution" and I would drop the case.

I was young then and maybe wouldn't make the same decision today that I made then. I'll just leave it at that. But sometimes the police really don't care, no matter how good your case is.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by randomman1
I week later I get a call from the detective. He tells me his job is nothing like the movies. They don't have time to deal with "petty" things like this. There is no way to prove the man had anything to do with this... So he cuts me a deal. He basically told me to extort as much money as I wanted from the salesman. He told me to have the salesman and / or his lawyer call him (the detective) and he would "confirm" that they were going after the case. He told me to ask for "restitution" and I would drop the case.

I was young then and maybe wouldn't make the same decision today that I made then. I'll just leave it at that. But sometimes the police really don't care, no matter how good your case is.
Hahahaha. At least he was honest about what he could do legally and wanted to help you.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Your credit card company should protect you from fraudulent charges.

Years ago I had a paver extend my driveway by adding a carport, he put in double what we discussed, I personally did not care, but my condo association did. So I had to pay to remove half of it, long story short I took him to small claims court and won. Never saw a dime of the money though court was impotent to enforce.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Brimstone
Your credit card company should protect you from fraudulent charges.

Years ago I had a paver extend my driveway by adding a carport, he put in double what we discussed, I personally did not care, but my condo association did. So I had to pay to remove half of it, long story short I took him to small claims court and won. Never saw a dime of the money though court was impotent to enforce.
I had the charge reversed. I just wanted him to be punished (criminally) so that he wouldn't try this again. Took the next best thing.

The police agreed this was identity theft given that all of the paperwork for the calling card was purchased in my name...

Quick Reply: Video of Audi porter stealing from my Q