Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Video of Audi porter stealing from my Q

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Meyecul
Man this sucks. Perhaps you should have held off on talking into the camera and let her complete the crime. She was clearly going to take the money, but since she was stopped, she will probably claim some other made up reason for opening the arm rest etc. If a porter is going to be stealing from customers cars, she should be fired and having the full crime caught on camera would have done her in for sure. Hopefully the dealership still handles it properly. That camera definitely did its job.
Actually, she did take some of the money. $60. Then, if you watch the whole video, she pulls around to the back and comes back for the rest. That is when I spoke to her. She denied everything and was threatening to me and my son. She denied to the cops. BUT... the cops took her to the station and had a female office make her drop pants. My neatly folded and rubber band dented cash fell out of her hoochie. I used the cash to buy doughnuts for the officers the next day when I picked up the cash at the station.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here again is the owl camera.

https://owlcam.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobCh...SAAEgI1vvD_BwE

Watch the videos. It works great. The camera comes with four 'beams' that allow you to mound the camera four different heights. The third longest cleared the nav screen. The best part, well there are many, maybe I will just list them.
1. Super easy to install. Use 'beam' to push wire into dash under window. Very easy.
2. Use provided tool to push wire into crevice between door pillar and dash. Route wire down to under the dash.
3. Plug special dongle into OBD port. The wire magnetically grips into dongle and onto bottom of camera. Apple charger port like.
4. Download APP. When you first start the car, the camera displays a UPC code. Open APP and scan code.
5. You're done!

Now the camera records 24/7 and monitors your battery. The camera will shut down before draining your battery but that has never happened to me yet. There is an LTE built into the camera so getting clips is really easy and you can look into or out of your car from anywhere in the world. You can turn on lights and speak into your car also. The simplest part is when you are driving and you see something happen. You say the magic word 'OK PRESTO' and then voice what is happening. Like 'I just hit a tree'. That clip will be sent to your phone in seconds and labeled 'I just hit a tree' or what ever you named it. These .30 second clips can be watched, shared to anywhere or even emailed and texted to someone. In case you missed saying the magic word or just need more than .30 seconds, you can easily download the last 14 days of both inside and outside.

Owl also has a contest called the Owl Cam Clip Of The Day. By hitting the share button, it automatically uploads to OWL. The winner gets $1000. Now I know they are a new company so there are not that many on the road. I figured I had a pretty good shot of winning while these are new to the market and I was right. I won twice!

I know I sound like I work for the company but honestly, this thing is that good. Plus look what happened to me at dealer!

https://owlcam.com/pages/caught-on-owl
Old 06-09-2018, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

I wonder if I will win for the Audi Thief Video? I did get a call from Owl and they want me to speak to their marketing department. Dash can videos are fun but, catching this thief was what they were made for! SO hard to argue with video, all the while she is yelling that I am a liar and she did nothing.

These are the two clips that I won already. Not even great stuff but fun to watch.

Old 06-09-2018, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds interesting. I'd have to wait though until it's available on Android.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL
Sounds interesting. I'd have to wait though until it's available on Android.
It's coming!
Old 06-09-2018, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Collurafici
I didn't see one.
I was wrong. Figured it out though. Can't wait to hear how this turns out and I will probably be buying one of those cameras.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default This is nuts! Also pretty amazing, too!

Funny watching this. Camera is not Android compatible though.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Is there a way to mount this camera from the mirror? I feel like it being on the dash would annoy me lol
Old 06-10-2018, 05:43 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

I would definitely send this to Audi Corporate. They need to know how crappy some of their dealers treat customers. I've told them for YEARS that the single thing holding them back in the USA is the dealer network.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was paranoid as hell seeing it was in the Chicagoland area but I caught a glimpse of the name of the town in the name of the dealership on the van and was relieved it wasn't the dealership we purchased from or the one we've taken it in to, closer to our home.

Which isn't to say it doesn't happen elsewhere but glad this one wasn't just obviously my local dealership.

Might have to invest in a similar camera. Does it double up as a dash cam for accidents too or is it specifically to monitor the cabin of the car and kind of the rear traffic?

Quick Reply: Video of Audi porter stealing from my Q