Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Vision package or not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 11:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vision package or not?

I'm ordering my q7 tomorrow and this is the only feature I'm torn over. Please help push me to get it or not.

Originally I was going to get vision but then I read about audi connect and their ridiculous fees. So in 6 months time, I will lose most of those features including the impressive google maps on the dash. I know I will still get the old regular basic graphic maps but that clearly isn't very impressive to look at and I doubt I would run the car with the huge screen showing mostly basic maps.

I also realize I can change the screen to various setups but how often do we really change it? Without the vision package don't we get all the same options/features just on a smaller screen in the middle of the dash?

For those that got it and now lost their audi connect, do you regret spending 2k for it or are you happy and would spend it again?
Old 05-12-2017, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

You also get full LED headlights and the top view camera.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The virtual cockpit is very cool, but would not classify as a need. It is convenient at times when you want to have something like satellite radio on the pop up screen for your passengers and keep the nav with the driver over in the cockpit (then again, you can still do this with standard gauges and partial small screen in between, but just not quite the same experience). The full LED lights are great. For me, I find the top view camera gets used almost daily and thus worth it alone.

Last edited by Meyecul; 05-12-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

For me it is a no-brainer: get it! (if the extra 2K is not stretching it for you)
The virtual cockpit is amazing, and the LED headlights are excellent.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

i think its totally worth it and have no intention of paying for Audi Connect PRIME in the future. THe virtual cockpit LED head lights and top view camera are worth it.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just to be clear, with the Vision Package you get the following in the US -

* Virtual cockpit
* LED headlights
* Topview camera

Irrespective whether you get the Vision package or not, you will still have the 8" center console MMI infotainment display (there is just one size, no small vs big) and Audi Connect (6 months trial).

So, unless you feel no need for the virtual cockpit, LED headlights and top view camera, you may skip the Vision package.

Personally, I believe these features enhance the overall appeal of the vehicle! Even if you are not big fan of the virtual cockpit, just get it for the LED headlights and top view camera both of which are extremely handy.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Meyecul
The full LED lights are great. For me, I find the top view camera gets used almost daily and thus worth it alone.
I concur with these comments 100%. The car is very large and is not as easy to park as I am used to. However, having the 360 degree camera makes it a breeze!
Old 05-12-2017, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW, it was a must for us when looking at used Q7's.
You sure won't regret getting it.

-Moose
Old 05-12-2017, 11:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just to pile on here, I recommend getting the package. In rank order I would put the top view camera first, LED, then virtual cockpit. Top view camera is amazing and worth the price of the package itself. My wife was out in the "Prosecco Hills" yesterday and the roads and parking there are narrow to say the least. One of the first things she said when she got back was how much she loved her Q and how the camera got her out of several tight jams.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I'll say the LED headlights in the Q7 are a huge let down, however, the headlight itself looks better. Do you need the digital dash? No, but the tech is what makes this car cool. But the surround cameras are a must. I'd say definately go for Vision Pack

Quick Reply: Vision package or not?