Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

WARNING - 2017/18 Q7 Buyers!!

Old 08-27-2017, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default well don't feel too bad about being an attorney

Originally Posted by Brett826
And I am an attorney, and I did not buy a new vehicle to end up in litigation. Audi has a problem and they need to step up and address it. They should not make the buyers be the ones to have to take time out of their lives to bring their brand new cars back to the dealership and sit for 3-4 hours, assuming that the dealer can even lay his hands on the required parts to make the repair.

after all we can't all be decent people, that would make life a lot easier!
Old 08-28-2017, 03:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Kalinowski
I'm headed back Thursday morning for the TSB to hopefully be applied to fix AudiConnect. I didn't want to wait either, never mind the dealer not knowing about it. They probably wanted me in the car too so I'd stop asking for updates.
I did get it resolved in this second visit. The tech at the dealership was the best part of the whole buying experience. He was apologetic, sympathetic, and talked to me every 20m or so with an update, even if it was "Still waiting for corporate to call me". I think he was giving me an opportunity to leave it and come back later if I couldn't wait, but "yea - toys"!

I asked specifically about the TSB, and he kinda shrugged it off and mentioned it was one to make sure it was programmed correctly before delivery and if not, reset everything and do it again. I never saw any documentation or anything, but that's what I was told.

They did reset the whole MMI a few times he said, all my settings were blown away, and we ended up doing the whole setup over again. To do it, I did need the 10 digit code that came with the car on a plastic keyfob looking thing, that had to be scratched off like a lottery ticket to expose the code.

It was about a 2 hour process and multiple calls with Audi, but it's been rock solid since. If you told me they rushed it on delivery because they were tired of me, I wouldn't be shocked.

Now it's trying to figure out why the parking sensors overhead view changes from the camera background to solid every now and then (there's already a forum post here)...

- Joe
Old 08-28-2017, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

I picked up my 2018, no issues with SOS, lit up green as soon as dealer put all the info into the system. I did have an issue with Audi Connect that dealer dismissed as something I can do by myself on a computer - yeah right. However I had it worked out over the phone with Audi Connect support guy, who was very helpful and talked me through the entire process of resetting privacy settings, key user and entire registration process - basically repeating entire process that dealer screwed up ...... But, it all worked out, after about an hour on the phone everything worked, Google maps, MMI app on my phone, remote lock/unlock, traffic, etc.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Apparently Audi is having a flood of issues with the Q7 and is allowing the cars to be delivered with a "fix it later" position.
could you list all the issues that these vehicles are flooded with?
Old 08-29-2017, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I would like to know as well. I'd prefer to make the dealer fix issues before I cut a check.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have almost 900 miles on my Q7 '18 and no issues.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello all, my wifes 2017 Q7 has been in to the dealer three times for this issue. Do we know that there is a fix yet? They just did TSB 9138 which was to replace part of the wiring harness to the shark fin but the actual TSB doesn't mention the emergency call function malfucntion as part of the TSB.

My wife has had it because the beeping is insane when it starts happening.

Anyone successfully have this resolved?

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2019, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

And I am an attorney, and I did not buy a new vehicle to end up in litigation. Audi has a problem and they need to step up and address it. They should not make the buyers be the ones to have to take time out of their lives to bring their brand new cars back to the dealership and sit for 3-4 hours, assuming that the dealer can even lay his hands on the required parts to make the repair.
Exactly, My 2018 Q7 has a ton of problems, every time I bring it to a dealership it is a 3 hour, wait and they spend 10 minutes looking at the vehicle and say there is nothing wrong with it....
Old 01-16-2019, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I still have unresolved issues/faults and have essentially given up, as no matter how hard the dealership tries to resolve them even after getting Audi involved they are unsuccessful . The Q7 is still one heck of a vehcile but Audi has fallen short in sevice, sometimes denying very obvious issues calling them normal. I think someone here has faulty soft close doors and they called it user error right to his face ...unreal.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC 1
I still have unresolved issues/faults and have essentially given up, as no matter how hard the dealership tries to resolve them even after getting Audi involved they are unsuccessful . The Q7 is still one heck of a vehcile but Audi has fallen short in sevice, sometimes denying very obvious issues calling them normal. I think someone here has faulty soft close doors and they called it user error right to his face ...unreal.
You should start a new thread on your issues/ faults - let's hear it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WARNING - 2017/18 Q7 Buyers!!