Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

WARNING - 2017/18 Q7 Buyers!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
I am sorry OP but I'm trying to understand the problem. The SOS system should always be on, no? Are they turning on the SOS system, or simply adding your information to it? I am going to assume that the SOS system is always on, regardless of information in it. i could be wrong...
I think what he is saying is that the system has power to it from the factory, but is not set up with the new owners info and linked to the new owners MyAudi account until after the new owner takes delivery of the car. That is when the system tries to link up with the new account and that is when it sees there is a problem.

Now, if it were beeping at me every 10 minutes, I would either be asking them to cut power to it so that stops or have them put me into a loaner Q7 until the new parts are installed on mine.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
I think what he is saying is that the system has power to it from the factory, but is not set up with the new owners info and linked to the new owners MyAudi account until after the new owner takes delivery of the car. That is when the system tries to link up with the new account and that is when it sees there is a problem.

Now, if it were beeping at me every 10 minutes, I would either be asking them to cut power to it so that stops or have them put me into a loaner Q7 until the new parts are installed on mine.
Yes, I am assuming the system always has power and in the event of an accident will still make that SOS phone call. If its truly a cable issues, it should have nothing to do with personal information, but should malfunction anyway. I'm trying to understand if Audi is truly hiding an issue as OP is saying
Old 08-08-2017, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

I think the OP is referring to Audi Connect. During delivery dealer should assist in configuring and activating Audi Connect features. Yes, that requires personal information and a code from the little plastic tag that should come with your keys. Recommended procedure is to download 'MMI Connect' App to your phone prior to delivery, and go through the entire process with the dealer and confirm that all the functions are available through the phone app. This makes sure that all Connect services were activated and assigned to you as the correct user, and are working correctly - that should mean SOS is also working.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

SOS is active right after PDI as indicated by the green light next to it.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
Apparently in Brett's case, it's beeping every 30 seconds. That's gotta be very annoying.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

MMI Connect is not working on mine yet - there was a service bulletin for that for 2018, but I didn't want to wait for them to try to fix it. Pretty sure they are sending someone to my house to deal with it later.

The car should use my own phone to get data for Google Maps. But I guess if they did that, they could not sell their expensive data plan.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

You would think there would be some way they could de-power or un-program the SOS system to stop the beeping until they get the parts to fix it.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rsilvers129
MMI Connect is not working on mine yet - there was a service bulletin for that for 2018, but I didn't want to wait for them to try to fix it. Pretty sure they are sending someone to my house to deal with it later.

The car should use my own phone to get data for Google Maps. But I guess if they did that, they could not sell their expensive data plan.
I'm headed back Thursday morning for the TSB to hopefully be applied to fix AudiConnect. I didn't want to wait either, never mind the dealer not knowing about it. They probably wanted me in the car too so I'd stop asking for updates.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Joe Kalinowski
I'm headed back Thursday morning for the TSB to hopefully be applied to fix AudiConnect. I didn't want to wait either, never mind the dealer not knowing about it. They probably wanted me in the car too so I'd stop asking for updates.
I just picked mine up yesterday. The dealer had to have the TSB applied prior to activating. Once it was applied, he was on the phone with someone at Audi and got it activated in about 30 minutes. I decided to wait for him to do it then, since I didn't want to have to schedule service in the future. Plus, new toys. Yay.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Fix

Does anyone have a copy of the paperwork they received when they got this fixed? I want to give some clues to the dealer. They said they fixed this on my 2018 before I picked it up on Friday. I hope to make this a one stop fix.

Thanks,

Gary

Quick Reply: WARNING - 2017/18 Q7 Buyers!!