Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

What is one thing that you wish you had while driving Q7?

Old 01-10-2019, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

rear door shades...a $150 option (silly option...should be standard) but i bought my 2018 used from the dealer and very few of their cars have it....note in 2019 it is now standard on the top model.....can't retrofit it either....grrrr
Old 01-10-2019, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by anilx783
I have prestige with a steel suspension. Don't take me wrong its comfortable... However, sometimes I wonder I should have gone for Air suspension and 4 wheel steering option to make it "more" comfortable. Then immediately my "financial controller" inner voice kicks in to convince me it's not worth it...
Are some of you finding the standard suspension too stiff, or just dont like it? I have the standard suspension and it seems perfect to me. Its tuned just right.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scfz1000
rear door shades...a $150 option (silly option...should be standard) but i bought my 2018 used from the dealer and very few of their cars have it....note in 2019 it is now standard on the top model.....can't retrofit it either....grrrr
Be happy you do not have them. I wish I could take them out of my prestige. They are the biggest source of popping and creaking plastic in my Q. The thin plastic trim cover that you see on the door sill is very poorly engineered. A simple light press on it anywhere produces the most annoying crunchy creak sounds. Happens on its own in hot weather with expansion and contraction of the plastics or anytime when the car flexes enough on driveways, speed bumps or road joints etc.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by anilx783
I have prestige with a steel suspension. Don't take me wrong its comfortable... However, sometimes I wonder I should have gone for Air suspension and 4 wheel steering option to make it "more" comfortable. Then immediately my "financial controller" inner voice kicks in to convince me it's not worth it...
I find the steel suspension perfectly fine....i have the 20 inch rims and runflats on mine.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Meyecul

Be happy you do not have them. I wish I could take them out of my prestige. They are the biggest source of popping and creaking plastic in my Q. The thin plastic trim cover that you see on the door sill is very poorly engineered. A simple light press on it anywhere produces the most annoying crunchy creak sounds. Happens on its own in hot weather with expansion and contraction of the plastics or anytime when the car flexes enough on driveways, speed bumps or road joints etc.
wow...has the dealer been able to address the issue....wonder if this is a common complaint with rear shades.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
I mean, I've gotten used to these and the white is very white, but the fact that they don't move with the turns and level up and down while going on hilly roads is something I miss. I've gotten used to that with BMW.

I can see how someone can miss HUD if you've had it before. This is my first car with HUD, and now when I drive any of my other cars, I keep looking ahead for the speed!
They do adopt the curves the with turning on/off different sections, at least my 2019 does. My 2012 Q5 used to have the actual turning ones and I think Q7's provide better visibility especially to immediate surroundings. I haven't paid attention to hills though. There is also auto high beams which are useful in night driving, I usually turn it on since it does a good job of toggling it quickly based on cars nearby. None of this will matter in 2020 models since they will get the matrix headlights.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scfz1000
I find the steel suspension perfectly fine....i have the 20 inch rims and runflats on mine.
Same here...I am happy with it.. and also want to keep the car long term.. so don't want to deal with the costly repairs if any associated with air susp... However its the thought ...am I missing something better?
Old 01-10-2019, 08:52 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Although I feel the Q7 rides good (IMO it would be great with conventional tires) I would like to have the air suspension. I didn't order mine so the only air suspension Q's available at the time had every conceivable option, most of which I didn't want so I passed...
Old 01-10-2019, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Meyecul

Strange - I never had that issue...
Old 01-10-2019, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The thing I'm missing the most is a factory remote starter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is one thing that you wish you had while driving Q7?