Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

What is one thing that you wish you had while driving Q7?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wisht I had a leather upper dash...exclusive style. Wish I’d done more research and hounded dealer more about it instead of letting them tell me it wasn’t possible.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Read through the thread's posts... and found the wishes expressed to be quite lame. I am dreaming about having retractable pizza toaster oven, just like the one Homer Simpson was using driving around Springfield. That would be awesome!

Last edited by ConservativeConsumer; 01-19-2019 at 08:35 PM. Reason: cc
Old 01-22-2019, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a base Prestige and I think it’s adequate. General comments
I wish the power seat tilted upward. Never had one that didn’t.
Wish one touch window controls weren’t so finicky.
Would like to have a place to put my sun glasses.
Like the HUD but all I get is the speed and some navi function.
Never use the navi. Prefer google maps via car play. Wish g maps operated in instrument cluster.
Experienced uneven acceleration in comfort mode. Set individual to dynamic and balanced and smoothed it out.
I love this suv. I particularly r like the tiptronic transmission. Slap the t handle bac to sport and go. Handles beautifully. Ride quality is very good also quiet. Very peppy.
Great vehicle.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ConservativeConsumer
Read through the thread's posts... and found the wishes expressed to be quite lame. I am dreaming about having retractable pizza toaster oven, just like the one Homer Simpson was using driving around Springfield. That would be awesome!
Total disregard for cabin storage functionality is lame? I'm not the only one that turned this car down because of a lack of console storage space, no place to put your sunglasses, super small cup holders, etc.

It's a pretty stupid design if you ask me plus the pizza oven tends to burn me pies.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BryonL
Wisht I had a leather upper dash...exclusive style. Wish I’d done more research and hounded dealer more about it instead of letting them tell me it wasn’t possible.
You can get it with murillo brown interior
Old 01-23-2019, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BryonL
Not worth the cost. And if you have that kind of cash for a car just go for the Bentayga where there’s leather everywhere.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Corgiman

Not worth the cost. And if you have that kind of cash for a car just go for the Bentayga where there’s leather everywhere.

No need to get a BB, it's $2500 plus you get an exclusive color and contrast stitching...not bad at all imho especially compd to the cost of other exclusive options. We are still considering it as an option but dont like the granite gray steeering wheel etc esp when it's shows it and the headliner etc are supposed to be black.

Last edited by RJC 1; 01-23-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC 1
No need to get a BB, it's $2500 plus you get an exclusive color and contrast stitching...not bad at all imho especially compd to the cost of other exclusive options. We are still considering it as an option but dont like the granite gray steeering wheel etc esp when it's shows it and the headliner etc are supposed to be black.
That actually changed for this year. Before you had to order it with a full Audi Exclusive order, which was substantially more that $2.5K.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gsobol
That actually changed for this year. Before you had to order it with a full Audi Exclusive order, which was substantially more that $2.5K.
Ok, but now it's a moot point and a good deal for $2500, although they force you to order the cold weather pkg for $750 and for those of us in warm weather states it a waste of money.
We're still considerig it but the brown and gray combo doesn't sit very well with the wifey.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RJC 1
Ok, but now it's a moot point and a good deal for $2500, although they force you to order the cold weather pkg for $750 and for those of us in warm weather states it a waste of money.
Don't you just hate that racket - you want a certain option but in order to have it you must purchase "the Acme bun warmer".

Quick Reply: What is one thing that you wish you had while driving Q7?