AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   What is one thing that you wish you had while driving Q7? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/what-one-thing-you-wish-you-had-while-driving-q7-2965329/)

hayde_bre 01-09-2019 08:41 PM

What is one thing that you wish you had while driving Q7?

Just one thing, the biggest thing you miss... what is it?
For me, it's HUD, Absolutely miss it, beating myself for not going with Prestige at the expense of not getting the color I wanted. Everything else I can live with, but having to look away from the road to the MMI display is very distracting, compared to HUD.

achayan 01-09-2019 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by hayde_bre (Post 25259660)
For me, it's HUD, Absolutely miss it, beating myself for not going with Prestige at the expense of not getting the color I wanted. Everything else I can live with, but having to look away from the road to the MMI display is very distracting, compared to HUD.

I am with you, I did the same, for that red color I din't gone for Prestige, I miss HUD and adaptive cruise control.

charlesw325 01-09-2019 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by hayde_bre (Post 25259660)

So far auto hold is the one I miss the most , I wish auto hold is on US cars .

Gani 01-10-2019 04:00 AM

why would they remove autohold for usa?

Force-1 01-10-2019 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by charlesw325 (Post 25259677)
So far auto hold is the one I miss the most , I wish auto hold is on US cars .

When stopped at a long light, doesn't simply engaging the e-brake accomplish the same thing? I do that in my S5 sometimes. I don't do it in the Q7, as it disengages start/stop, and since it's a long light I'm okay with engine shutting off.

Corgiman 01-10-2019 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Force-1 (Post 25259719)
When stopped at a long light, doesn't simply engaging the e-brake accomplish the same thing? I do that in my S5 sometimes. I don't do it in the Q7, as it disengages start/stop, and since it's a long light I'm okay with engine shutting off.

If you use the parking brake your stop lights aren’t illuminated.

BigKutta 01-10-2019 04:57 AM

Better Headlights

I mean, I've gotten used to these and the white is very white, but the fact that they don't move with the turns and level up and down while going on hilly roads is something I miss. I've gotten used to that with BMW.

I can see how someone can miss HUD if you've had it before. This is my first car with HUD, and now when I drive any of my other cars, I keep looking ahead for the speed!

andrewmr 01-10-2019 05:43 AM

A Q8......

:-)

anilx783 01-10-2019 05:43 AM

Air Suspension - May be better

I have prestige with a steel suspension. Don't take me wrong its comfortable... However, sometimes I wonder I should have gone for Air suspension and 4 wheel steering option to make it "more" comfortable. Then immediately my "financial controller" inner voice kicks in to convince me it's not worth it... :):p

Lectoid 01-10-2019 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by anilx783 (Post 25259757)
I have prestige with a steel suspension. Don't take me wrong its comfortable... However, sometimes I wonder I should have gone for Air suspension and 4 wheel steering option to make it "more" comfortable. Then immediately my "financial controller" inner voice kicks in to convince me it's not worth it... :):p

Same here. I also told my self fixing that suspension would cost a lot more down the road. I'll likely drive this car in to the dirt so I was thinking long term.