AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   What is one thing that you wish you had while driving Q7? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/what-one-thing-you-wish-you-had-while-driving-q7-2965329/)

dohturdima 01-10-2019 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL (Post 25259850)
The thing I'm missing the most is a factory remote starter.

Ditto.

Jimminez@Nemesis 01-10-2019 10:07 AM

I wish the gate would open higher. My SQ5 opened higher. Didn't do myself any favors by lowering it. Hit my head on the latching mechanism too many times than I like.

charlesw325 01-10-2019 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Force-1 (Post 25259719)
When stopped at a long light, doesn't simply engaging the e-brake accomplish the same thing? I do that in my S5 sometimes. I don't do it in the Q7, as it disengages start/stop, and since it's a long light I'm okay with engine shutting off.

engaging the e-brake willl make it become a “manual hold” as you will need to do it every time . The point of auto hold is it engages automatically .plus , it will probably keep the brake light on ? never actually confirmed myself .

hayde_bre 01-10-2019 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by scfz1000 (Post 25259767)
rear door shades...a $150 option (silly option...should be standard) but i bought my 2018 used from the dealer and very few of their cars have it....note in 2019 it is now standard on the top model.....can't retrofit it either....grrrr

Originally Posted by Meyecul (Post 25259820)

Be happy you do not have them. I wish I could take them out of my prestige. They are the biggest source of popping and creaking plastic in my Q. The thin plastic trim cover that you see on the door sill is very poorly engineered. A simple light press on it anywhere produces the most annoying crunchy creak sounds. Happens on its own in hot weather with expansion and contraction of the plastics or anytime when the car flexes enough on driveways, speed bumps or road joints etc.

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL (Post 25259849)
Strange - I never had that issue...

No noise issues with mine either.
Funny I don't remember adding them as an option in my P+, must have been part of one of the packages. We are happy with them, it helps avoid direct sunlight since the rear door windows are huge on Q7.

charlesw325 01-10-2019 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by hayde_bre (Post 25259908)
No noise issues with mine either.
Funny I don't remember adding them as an option in my P+, must have been part of one of the packages. We are happy with them, it helps avoid direct sunlight since the rear door windows are huge on Q7.

It's a part of the warm weather package I think. it's on my Prestige. I never had the noise issue either. It's a must have feature for me since I have small kids in car seats , I need this so I don't need to stick anything on the window. I had it on my previous X5 and found it really useful.

thornapple 01-10-2019 11:12 AM

How about storage? No center console,? not even a sunglasses holder? Seriously....what were they thinking.

AlbertQ7 01-10-2019 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Nemesis Autosport (Post 25259885)
I wish the gate would open higher. My SQ5 opened higher. Didn't do myself any favors by lowering it. Hit my head on the latching mechanism too many times than I like.

Are you sure your tailgate is opening all the way? Mine opens high - I can't imagine hitting my head on it unless you're REALLY tall. It can be programmed to not open all the way so it doesn't bump in the case of a low garage, for instance. Perhaps yours was accidentally set to not open completely? I can't remember the training/programming process, but it will be in the manual.

Jimminez@Nemesis 01-10-2019 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by AlbertQ7 (Post 25259922)
Are you sure your tailgate is opening all the way? Mine opens high - I can't imagine hitting my head on it unless you're REALLY tall. It can be programmed to not open all the way so it doesn't bump in the case of a low garage, for instance. Perhaps yours was accidentally set to not open completely? I can't remember the training/programming process, but it will be in the manual.

Pretty sure. I've pushed it further up and held the button, but nope. I'm 6'3". It was fine before lowering, so lets say 6'4" when open all the way. Now lowered, I'll clip it.

Perhaps I need to review it again to make sure, but it's been that amount since new.

AlbertQ7 01-10-2019 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Nemesis Autosport (Post 25259927)
Pretty sure. I've pushed it further up and held the button, but nope. I'm 6'3". Perhaps I need to review it again to make sure, but it's been that amount since new.

So, when you push it up further, does it actually go up further? If so, then it may not be saving the programming. You need to push the trunk-close button on the rear hatch for 3 (or 5?) seconds to program it (not the key-fob button to program).
I'll check mine later today to see whether I can push it open further beyond what I think is considered fully open, but I don't think I can.

Jimminez@Nemesis 01-10-2019 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by AlbertQ7 (Post 25259928)
So, when you push it up further, does it actually go up further? If so, then it may not be saving the programming. You need to push the trunk-close button on the rear hatch for 3 (or 5?) seconds to program it (not the key-fob button to program).
I'll check mine later today to see whether I can push it open further beyond what I think is considered fully open, but I don't think I can.

I can a little bit, but doesn't have the same resistance as in another position. I recall trying at lower height to see if I did correctly to confirm, and worked, but not to the full extension. Will try again this afternoon.