AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   What is one thing that you wish you had while driving Q7? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/what-one-thing-you-wish-you-had-while-driving-q7-2965329/)

Meyecul 01-10-2019 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL (Post 25259849)
Strange - I never had that issue...

Hmm.. glad to hear others do not have this issue. I have brought this up to two dealers more than once and cannot seem to get anything done about it. Get the usual it's normal compared to other Q7s tested on the lot line.

Here is a video I made showing what I am dealing with...

hayde_bre 01-10-2019 12:15 PM

Wow, that is loud! Sorry to see that. I am not going to be pressing on my doors to see if creaks, though. Maybe all it takes is just one push for things to start creaking and squeaking.
I hope you guys can find a solution soon, it really sounds like something didn't line up in there or separated.

mi_sat 01-10-2019 12:26 PM

I wish I had an Audi dealer that would stop fighting me about fixing squeaking brakes that I pointed out to them within 30 days of purchase. First and last Audi.

smacky 01-10-2019 01:27 PM

I wanted the dynamic turn signals and the matrix headlights, but that is a regional issue and Euros have it, and maybe Asia, too?

I was spoiled by our S550's interior and old Lexuses we had prior with the leather quality/softness. I thought the Luxury package would add the softer, more supple leather akin to the Napa leather in the S550 (W222) and our B7 (F01) but I was wrong. For a $5K option, it's not very good. The alcantara lining is nice and soft and the leather seats are "soft" but it's not on the level of MB, Lexus, or even BMWs from 7 years ago. It still has a decent amount of "stiffness," especially in the cold. Or maybe it's not the leather itself but the amount of "stuffing" or cushioning in the seats bottoms, but it just wasn't what I thought it would be. The interior design of Audis is pretty damn good but I feel the comfort of the seats/leather is still lacking compared to its German colleagues. So I would reconsider the Luxury Package at $5K upgrade.

We were also questioning the need for the Adaptive Chassis but that has been a welcome for us after a year of ownership. I don't remember how the non-Adaptive Chassis demo cars we drove twice were like, but I just like air suspensions so much more. Especially when we all paid a premium for our Q7s. 4 Wheel Steering has saved my ass plenty of times in crowded parking lots. Other drivers might poop themselves as I back out of tight spaces in fear of their cars, but it's been good for me.

I'm no audiophile, but I gladly would've traded the $5K Luxury Package for the $5K BO surround sound. I think I would have enjoyed it more. The message feature on the Luxury Package is decent, not great, but I'd give that up as well since I often forget to use it.

Others here mentioned the HUD; I can't live without it either. It's on two of our cars and the third being the Q7 and it's so much easier and, I think, safer to look ahead for navigation directions and speed information. A family member recently bought an E400 Cabrio but did not opt for the third tier package MB offers, which had the air suspension and the HUD. The former is OK for a sporty convertible, but I do miss the latter the few times I take it out. And since I let it stretch its legs on empty highways from time to time, looking down at the cluster gets in the way of me looking up and around for troopers hiding under overpasses. So, basically a safety hazard to not have one.

My last gripe would have been the height of the armrests but I only recently found out they were adjustable and had two levels above being just flat against the bottom. So now that's good that not only does it extend forward but it can also be set two higher levels for those of us that lean a bit while driving.

HPMan 01-10-2019 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by charlesw325 (Post 25259677)

So far auto hold is the one I miss the most , I wish auto hold is on US cars .

This is an easy retrofit. I did it myself a couple weeks ago and was the best $160 I spent.

Force-1 01-10-2019 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Corgiman (Post 25259723)

If you use the parking brake your stop lights aren’t illuminated.

There's always a car behind me, so I wait until they stop.

Force-1 01-10-2019 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by scfz1000 (Post 25259839)
wow...has the dealer been able to address the issue....wonder if this is a common complaint with rear shades.

Mine make no noise at all.

charlesw325 01-10-2019 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by HPMan (Post 25260028)
This is an easy retrofit. I did it myself a couple weeks ago and was the best $160 I spent.

Cool , never thought this is retrofitable ,I’ll do some research

charliehereforyou 01-10-2019 04:24 PM

A much quieter car. How much did Audi pay the reviewers to say it's "as quiet as a vault?" My old 2013 Infiniti JX-35 WAS as quiet as a vault.

V13T 01-10-2019 05:33 PM

Matrix LED in the US and air