Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

What is one thing that you wish you had while driving Q7?

Old 01-24-2019, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC 1
Ok, but now it's a moot point and a good deal for $2500, although they force you to order the cold weather pkg for $750 and for those of us in warm weather states it a waste of money.
We're still considerig it but the brown and gray combo doesn't sit very well with the wifey.
When I was ordering the Q7, I was really annoyed that the dash was not wrapped (coming off of GL I expected this in a German vehicle), however now I sort of gotten used to it, so it doesn't bother me all that much. Frankly, you are right, it's a moot point on what it was back then, but having had the experience for over 1.5 years without the leather dash, I don't know if I would get it now for $2.5K extra. Cold weather package, here in NY, hell yes !!! Somewhere down south, ahhh, not so much.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if a leather dash will be part of the luxury package from MY20 on, making it much cheaper compared to what it takes now to get it.

At least that's how Audi did that on the new A6..
Old 01-24-2019, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL
I wouldn't be surprised if a leather dash will be part of the luxury package from MY20 on, making it much cheaper compared to what it takes now to get it.

At least that's how Audi did that on the new A6..
They better do the upper door panels or it will be a mis match like on the Q8
Old 01-24-2019, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gsobol
When I was ordering the Q7, I was really annoyed that the dash was not wrapped (coming off of GL I expected this in a German vehicle), however now I sort of gotten used to it, so it doesn't bother me all that much. Frankly, you are right, it's a moot point on what it was back then, but having had the experience for over 1.5 years without the leather dash, I don't know if I would get it now for $2.5K extra. Cold weather package, here in NY, hell yes !!! Somewhere down south, ahhh, not so much.
I believe MB is giving a choice of a leather or MB tex dash on the new 2020 GLE for somewhere around $700-$1000
Old 02-08-2019, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Lighted cup holders.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
Just one thing, the biggest thing you miss... what is it?
For me, it's HUD, Absolutely miss it, beating myself for not going with Prestige at the expense of not getting the color I wanted. Everything else I can live with, but having to look away from the road to the MMI display is very distracting, compared to HUD.
More leg room for my back seat passengers like the Mercedes "R" class had
Old 02-08-2019, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having had the Q7 for almost a month, I would echo what many others have already noted: more space in the center console to store stuff, and a sunglasses holder overhead.

And I realize I am probably unique in this nitpick (as the ability to play CD's and true high-rez music is fading away) but I wish they had made room for a slot to insert disks in the center console, instead of relegating the player to the glove compartment. And I will miss the capability to play and hear true 5.1 lossless DVD-A disks, like I had in the MDX. In the Q7 you can insert and play them, but the sound quality (at least in the Bose system) is the same as you would get from a regular DVD.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gsobol
Hey - the cold weather package for them is a must when it's under 40 degrees !!!!
Old 02-10-2019, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Washer for the back-up camera.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Wisconsin Q7
More leg room for my back seat passengers like the Mercedes "R" class had
Really? Did you slide your 2nd row all the way back, or are you referring to 3rd row?
With 2nd row seats all the way back, I think Q7 has one of the largest legroom for rear passengers. I doubt a 3-row focused R had more room than Q7?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is one thing that you wish you had while driving Q7?