Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

What's the difference between the 3 white options?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's the difference between the 3 white options?

Expect to order a white Q7 this week, my wife and I are struggling with which one to choose. Are Carrara White, Glacier White Metallic, Tofana White Crystal about the same? I get that Glacier has that metallic shine up close, but can you tell a difference from afar versus Cararra? How is Tofana different than these other two, and what is it about Tofana that makes it cost more? Is one of these more cream colored? Any input would be appreciated.

I've seen professional pics of Glacier and Tofana, I can't tell the difference between them. If anyone has real-world pics, that'd be wonderful to see.

Thanks for the input.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are of my car that I put in another thread. Glacier White. It is not cream but I think slightly less bright white than Carrara

Sort of dark so probably hard to tell much. There are a ton of videos with Glacier White Metallic. Almost all the ones are dealers that are white seem to be that color.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trombs
Expect to order a white Q7 this week, my wife and I are struggling with which one to choose. Are Carrara White, Glacier White Metallic, Tofana White Crystal about the same? I get that Glacier has that metallic shine up close, but can you tell a difference from afar versus Cararra? How is Tofana different than these other two, and what is it about Tofana that makes it cost more? Is one of these more cream colored? Any input would be appreciated.

I've seen professional pics of Glacier and Tofana, I can't tell the difference between them. If anyone has real-world pics, that'd be wonderful to see.

Thanks for the input.
I own a Glacier White 2013 Q7 and ordered the same color for the new one. Carrara white is probably the whitest white. The Glacier has a blueish shine to it under certain light condition. If you do a search for "audi carrara and glacier white" you will find side-by-side pictures of cars with those colors to give you a better idea. I have no clue about the Tofana White. The dealers I visited didn't even have a paint chip for the color.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Another thing you need to be aware of - if you try to compare the whites on a Q7 to the whites on another model (A4, etc.) they may not be the same as what you will get on your Q7. If the vehicles are built in different plants, which they are, there will be variations in the same colors (proven by a side by side comparison in my dealer's showroom)

Last edited by Cadx6; 01-19-2016 at 09:36 AM.