Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

When cabin gets to temperature, the AC turns on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When cabin gets to temperature, the AC turns on?

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

Picked up my Q7 Prestige in Mid Jan. In the last two weeks I've noticed some erratic behavior between the heating system and A/C.

It seems when the cabin gets to the temperature set on the climate control, the car decides it needs to turn the A/C on. The fans crank up and the air coming out of the vents is cold. I was able to turn the heat up 5 degrees for a few minutes and then turn it back down and this seems to alleviate the problem until I start the vehicle again. Obviously, it shouldn't be doing this.

Just curious if anyone else has had this issue with their 2017before I take it into the dealer.

Thanks
Old 04-18-2016, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I am surprised that there are no responses to the OP. I have an A6 with the 4 zone system and it's terrible, on a cold night I have to set it to 72, Auto and Sync but on a hot day I have to set it to 77. The fan blows too hard most of the time and the Auto button never deletes the auto control of the fan. I.E. when it's not in Auto and you change the temp then it still changes the fan speed.
I was hoping that the new system was better in its functionality although it is better with its interface. My car only displays temperature unless you press a button, at least in the Q7 you can see the fan speed and air direction without having to push a button to see it.

I would like to hear from others regarding its usage because I'm thinking of trading my A6 for a Q7 but there are some annoying design deficiencies - the other issue is no radio controls without having to select "radio" first. I don't want to delete the map on the MMI just so that I can see the Artist.