Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

When will MY2018 be released from hold at port?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 03:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When will MY2018 be released from hold at port?

The 2018 Q7 I ordered has been sitting on hold at the port for 16 days not. It arrived on June 26th.

when will the my2017 q7s be released from hold for delivery to dealerships? And why are they on hold?
Old 07-11-2017, 04:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by nafzal80
The 2018 Q7 I ordered has been sitting on hold at the port for 16 days not. It arrived on June 26th.

when will the my2017 q7s be released from hold for delivery to dealerships? And why are they on hold?
Tons of posts about this. General consensus is when the MY17s dwindle down in stock. Not looking like it will be in July, so cross your fingers in August.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...-date-2924089/
Old 07-11-2017, 04:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by nafzal80

which port, out of curiosity?
Old 07-12-2017, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mine is sitting at the Davisville RI port. Arrived there on 7/6. This delay is causing problems because the buyer for my current car just sold his car today. We've been trying to coordinate the timing and lost that battle. Fortunately, his son has a 3rd car so he is driving that one. I don't understand why Audi (and I am sure other brands) are so secretive about delivery times.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sabca
Mine is sitting at the Davisville RI port. Arrived there on 7/6. This delay is causing problems because the buyer for my current car just sold his car today. We've been trying to coordinate the timing and lost that battle. Fortunately, his son has a 3rd car so he is driving that one. I don't understand why Audi (and I am sure other brands) are so secretive about delivery times.

I feel your pain! Admittedly, I was irresponsible and relied on the dealership, who said just two weeks ago that it will definitely arrive by mid-July, and went ahead and sold my car before going out of town for the Fourth of July. Now, I'm back from vacation and renting a car -- indefinitely -- until the Port 20 miles away releases it to me. I feel like this will all resolve itself in the next few days and we won't be waiting until August. Here's hoping!
Old 07-12-2017, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm just going to start like this: WTF !!!

I'm slowly loosing my patience. This may or may not be Audi's fault, but coooome oooooon.... I placed an order for 2017, that go canceled and reinstated as 2018 due to MY production change - back in April. I said, oh well, fine, at least it doesn't look like I lost a lot of time, 2 weeks tops, I'll live. At that time still looking forward to getting it quickly (relative term ~ 2 months - already waited 40 days). Car is build, great, getting to port in Germany, great, is on the ship, great, it's at the port in USA - June 26th, GRRRRRRREAT !!! ...... July 12th, still in port (RI), on hold, and no one knows when it's going to be out of there - what??? WTF !!!

Knowing that you are going to be producing and shipping cars late June / early July you would have figured that someone could get their s#!t together and get MY2018 EPA certified before the cars hit US shores. Now my car is stuck in port due to someone not predicting that this will happen ?!?! Is this the first time Audi is shipping new MY? Is this some new regulations that no one has ever heard of? You know what, why the heck did they switch production so early, why not make more MY2017 then!!! If I planned like this at my job, well..... I wouldn't have a job. Seriously, WTF !!!

........ done venting

Sincerely,

frustrated out of my mind and driving rented mazda 3 .......
Old 07-12-2017, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gsobol
I'm just going to start like this: WTF !!!

I'm slowly loosing my patience. This may or may not be Audi's fault, but coooome oooooon.... I placed an order for 2017, that go canceled and reinstated as 2018 due to MY production change - back in April. I said, oh well, fine, at least it doesn't look like I lost a lot of time, 2 weeks tops, I'll live. At that time still looking forward to getting it quickly (relative term ~ 2 months - already waited 40 days). Car is build, great, getting to port in Germany, great, is on the ship, great, it's at the port in USA - June 26th, GRRRRRRREAT !!! ...... July 12th, still in port (RI), on hold, and no one knows when it's going to be out of there - what??? WTF !!!

Knowing that you are going to be producing and shipping cars late June / early July you would have figured that someone could get their s#!t together and get MY2018 EPA certified before the cars hit US shores. Now my car is stuck in port due to someone not predicting that this will happen ?!?! Is this the first time Audi is shipping new MY? Is this some new regulations that no one has ever heard of? You know what, why the heck did they switch production so early, why not make more MY2017 then!!! If I planned like this at my job, well..... I wouldn't have a job. Seriously, WTF !!!

........ done venting

Sincerely,

frustrated out of my mind and driving rented mazda 3 .......
Your parents are letting you drive the new Q7 as your own? I'd say be very lucky for your good fortune.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Bozman5000
Your parents are letting you drive the new Q7 as your own? I'd say be very lucky for your good fortune.
Yes, they are looking at me from that big place in the sky and just shaking their heads wondering what's going on.....
Old 07-12-2017, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gsobol
I'm slowly loosing my patience. This may or may not be Audi's fault, but coooome oooooon.... ...

They didn't make a mistake. They could sell the 2018 today. They don't want to because then they will have to discount the 2017s.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rsilvers129
They didn't make a mistake. They could sell the 2018 today. They don't want to because then they will have to discount the 2017s.
^^This, its a business decision.

BMW for example doesnt start making its new model year until after its annual factory closures in August, so the new MY starts arriving in October, giving enough time for the previous MY to clear out of inventory. Dont know why Audi didnt do the same here...probably because they skipped 2016 MY and had the 2017 out too long?

Quick Reply: When will MY2018 be released from hold at port?