Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

White Q7 in North East? How is easy it to keep clean?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default White Q7 in North East? How is easy it to keep clean?

I am considering white, then gray/silver, last choice black, but I am worried that with much road presence (large curvy door panels and wide tires causing road splash on door/rear quarter) am I going to have to deal with grayish fade on white Q7 in north east winters? Some cars fair well with white than others because they are designed better to prevent road splash on the car.
I had black vehicle for more than 10 years, and Blue. While Black looks amazing when it's clean, it's nearly impossible to keep the paint in tip top shape in city, there will be imperfections over time and they stick out like a sore thumb. Blue wasn't that great either, even the metallic blue was hell to keep clean. So I am considering white, it looks elegant on Q7, and it goes very well with the LED lights both front and red.

Aside from north east winter road dirt, how well does Glacier White hide the swirl marks? They drove me crazy on my Jet Black vehicle (I wasn't a fan of metallic so I went with flat true black), I had to whip out my quick detailer every few weeks to keep it flat, but eventually couldn't keep up with it since I had no choice but use car wash place and their nasty brushes.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Glacier White will be great compared to any dark color.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now swirl marks on a white car will be unoticeable but what i hate is if it start raining for a little bit, your gonna start seeing spots.. because of the dirt that gets attached to the car and the water just makes it more visible.. unless you wipe your car everyday.. that’s how it was with my lexus
Old 10-18-2017, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mrp0rky
Now swirl marks on a white car will be unoticeable but what i hate is if it start raining for a little bit, your gonna start seeing spots.. because of the dirt that gets attached to the car and the water just makes it more visible.. unless you wipe your car everyday.. that’s how it was with my lexus
Dust is not an issue, I use my california duster on a daily basis (or maybe because I could spot dust on my black bmw so easily, that's why I did it) so there shouldn't be any dust settling on the car, unless it's actual road dirt that got splashed during rain and just dried. If it's not too cold I also try to give it a quick rinse before parking it, but it's not that easy during frigid temps. My main pet peeve has always been the swirl marks. Dirt, I can handle with quick detailer, takes 5-10 minutes in between car washes as long as it didn't rain. That thing is amazing at keeping the car clean.

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Glacier White will be great compared to any dark color.
That's what I was thinking. contender should be fiorett silver, but is that silver really shiny like we see on the picture, I am now going through picture threads to see if it's really shiny silver or flat, even though it's supposed to be metallic.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I've a glacier white and had another glacier and a carrera white before that, live in NYC and do a lot of driving up north (to VT) during the winter. I'm sticking with white, in part because I find it easy to keep that color relatively clean. I've washed my car less than ten times during approximately 18 months of ownership, admittedly, it's not always spotless, but it generally doesn't look particularly dirty and no swirl marks show.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by netrom17
I've a glacier white and had another glacier and a carrera white before that, live in NYC and do a lot of driving up north (to VT) during the winter. I'm sticking with white, in part because I find it easy to keep that color relatively clean. I've washed my car less than ten times during approximately 18 months of ownership, admittedly, it's not always spotless, but it generally doesn't look particularly dirty and no swirl marks show.
Thank you! Wife insists "we are not getting white" but after few tries she said "if that's what you want" but managed to sneak "it's just for 3 years anyway" in there before ending her sentence.
Now, I've been sucker for black cloth headliner with black interior, so I am thinking white exterior, black interior, even gray/black inlays instead of brown, what do you all think about that? Are there different color headliners other than regular (whitish) black cloth and alcantara soft on prestige?
Old 10-18-2017, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glacier white. 3rd straight white vehicle, second audi. very easy to keep looking clean. cannot see swirl marks except where the idiots at the dealer prepped the b pillars during details by rubbing the hell out of them. if you want something that makes daily grime invisible get boring silver. glacier white appears clean until the roads are wet.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
Thank you! Wife insists "we are not getting white" but after few tries she said "if that's what you want" but managed to sneak "it's just for 3 years anyway" in there before ending her sentence.
Now, I've been sucker for black cloth headliner with black interior, so I am thinking white exterior, black interior, even gray/black inlays instead of brown, what do you all think about that? Are there different color headliners other than regular (whitish) black cloth and alcantara soft on prestige?
I have white, on black with black alcentara headliner. I love white on black, this is my third white on black combo.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

@alipor, thanks.
What color is your inlay? High Gloss Black/Gray Oak? I've been looking for this, so hard to find this on dealer lots, I don't understand this. It looks great.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
@alipor, thanks.
What color is your inlay? High Gloss Black/Gray Oak? I've been looking for this, so hard to find this on dealer lots, I don't understand this. It looks great.
I have glacier white/black headliner/black leather/high gloss black/gray oak. I didn't like it at first but now I like much better after seeing the gray and nougat brown interiors, which was what I wanted with florett silver. Silver is by far the easiest to keep looking good but I've had 3 silver Touaregs for the last 12 years and was ready for a change and got a discount on the white 2017 vs waiting a month for a 2018 silver or graphite gray.

Quick Reply: White Q7 in North East? How is easy it to keep clean?