Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

White Q7 in North East? How is easy it to keep clean?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 02:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to be picking up my glacier white Q7 with black interior and black headliner tomorrow. I am also planning to put a few coats of liquid armour on the car to put a ceramic coating on it also. This will keep the car clean longer hopefully. I live in the NYC region so will be doing a lot of city driving.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
Thank you! Wife insists "we are not getting white" but after few tries she said "if that's what you want" but managed to sneak "it's just for 3 years anyway" in there before ending her sentence.
Now, I've been sucker for black cloth headliner with black interior, so I am thinking white exterior, black interior, even gray/black inlays instead of brown, what do you all think about that? Are there different color headliners other than regular (whitish) black cloth and alcantara soft on prestige?
I’d consider letting the wife decide on the interior I have gray oak/black piano inlays (wanted silver, but was not an option), nougat brown seats and the grayish headliner. The latter because it’s gives the cabin a more airy feel, but the black alcantara looks great and that color is more practical (I don’t think other colors are offered on the Prestige). Now I really like the gray/black inlay combo and don’t mind not getting the silver, but one must be careful with the piano parts. I find black seats look great too, but they tend get too hot for us and our the kids in particular during summer and the nougat break things up nicely. But all this is of course a matter of personal taste and preference.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I've live in the north east most of my life and White and Silver cars are easiest to keep clean.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm probably going to buy a q7 in next month or two, and generally like gray leather in cars. However mostly seems black is the norm. For those if you in warm parts, do the seats get very hot parked in the sun?
Old 10-19-2017, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
@alipor, thanks.
What color is your inlay? High Gloss Black/Gray Oak? I've been looking for this, so hard to find this on dealer lots, I don't understand this. It looks great.
Grey Oak, and exterior color is Carrera white. It does look great to me. I know, some of the cars on the dealer lots I wouldn't never buy cause of the way they spec'd the interior. I ordered mine so it is perfect for me. A lot of the white up in the NE have tan interior which I hate.

Last edited by alipor; 10-19-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

I think the Glacier white looks amazing (especially with Black Optics). White is one of the easiest colors to maintain imo. I prefer the gray oak inlay way above the other choice, no offense to anyone who has the other inlay. I was a little conflicted on the inlay at first as I went with Cedar interior however I definitely made the correct choice. The gray oak ties into all the black alcantara and the piano black inlay perfectly.