Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

WiFi Hot Spot with no cell signal??

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yarecki
Not to take this off-topic, but what are the covers under the headlights? I did think it was headlight washers...
Refer to this thread:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...shers-2909213/

I suppose washers are an option for the vehicle. However they can't be ordered because they're not even in the ordering guide. It's been known to be equipped with night vision option.

Q7's that are not equipped with washer still get those holes that are covered. Distasteful ....
Old 12-12-2016, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by Yarecki
Not to take this off-topic, but what are the covers under the headlights? I did think it was headlight washers...
On some US-spec models and I believe the Q7 is one of them, there aren't actually any headlight washers under them, because most Americans don't know how to use them, don't miss them or complain that they soil the hood, so Audi figured out a way to cut cost for something that doesn't seem wanted/needed by most customers.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
On some US-spec models and I believe the Q7 is one of them, there aren't actually any headlight washers under them, because most Americans don't know how to use them, don't miss them or complain that they soil the hood, so Audi figured out a way to cut cost for something that doesn't seem wanted/needed by most customers.
Depends on the trim and options. I have a Prestige Q7 with night vision and DAP, and it does have headlight washers and a night vision camera washer.