Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Wind noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 10:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind noise

Hey everyone. I just picked up my Q7 two days ago and I think it really is a great car like all of us already know. However today I took it for the first long drive where I drove for about two hours reaching speeds of up to 85mph. Later on in the evening I noticed that whenever I went about 50mph I would hear wind noise that seemed to come from the front windshield.

I opened and closed the windows and the sunroof and it made no difference. It's is a faint whistling sound that wasn't very loud.

I would like to know if this is a common problem with the Q7 and if there is a fix for it before I take in to service. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by calvinyhobbes
Hey everyone. I just picked up my Q7 two days ago and I think it really is a great car like all of us already know. However today I took it for the first long drive where I drove for about two hours reaching speeds of up to 85mph. Later on in the evening I noticed that whenever I went about 50mph I would hear wind noise that seemed to come from the front windshield.

I opened and closed the windows and the sunroof and it made no difference. It's is a faint whistling sound that wasn't very loud.

I would like to know if this is a common problem with the Q7 and if there is a fix for it before I take in to service. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
I noticed a wind noise coming from driver window, about the same speed you have.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Posted same observation in my thread:
- Keep hearing wind noise from front windshield area when exceeding 50 mph. Mostly city driving so need to test at higher speeds but it seems odd for a vehicle of this caliber.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...-mods-2901257/

Not sure if there is a "fix"... haven't addressed with dealer yet as it's not bothersome enough for me to take in just for this...

Please post if you get a resolution!
Old 06-06-2016, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by discogone
I noticed a wind noise coming from driver window, about the same speed you have.
When you are at speed and can hear the noise try shutting off the climate control completely.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Count Rushmore
When you are at speed and can hear the noise try shutting off the climate control completely.
Already tried that, the noise did not go away.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by discogone
Same here. I got the car 5 weeks ago, and there is wind noise coming from driver window... I checked for leaks and nothing. Last week I took the car to the Audi Dealer and Repair Center and no problems were found (but it took me from Monday to Friday to get the car back as they installed 3 software updates, but no activation of the Audi Connect in Brazil yet...)

I'm really happy with the car (I came from a Land Rover Discovery (4) HSE Luxury (2014/2014) - AKA in the US as LR4), but two things could get better in the Q7 --> 1) The Rear Seat Entertainment System - LR's is way better than Audi's; and 2) The fridge you have in the front central arm rest of the LR is extremely convenient in any situation.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have laminated wi dows?
Old 06-07-2016, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kip1
Nope.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kip1
I have them.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jrosa
I have them.
Laminated windows aren't standard on the Q7 - in US?

Quick Reply: Wind noise