Old 01-12-2018, 10:07 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

^^Good to know, thanks..
Old 01-12-2018, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've used the PIAA silicone blades for years and they've been the best blades I've ever used.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SSA6
Also, would something SoftScrub general cleaner with a 3M Scottbrite scrubbing pad work? This combo was recommended by my shower glass installer for the treated shower glass doors. I have used this for 3 yrs now on the shower glass with no scratching and it's very effective on removing film and water spots.
Just a thought.
Careful with just saying "Scotch Brite".. this brand name has many variations some of which are very abrasive (much more than 0000 steel wool). Some are made for glass, and some are not.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a friend who has some super fine glass polish and will try a small area this weekend.

Above poster is right about the scotch bite pads they come in many flavors.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for clarifying about the different pads, don't want to suggest anything that would do damage.

For my shower glass I use Scotch Brite "no scratch" scouring pads, the very thin blue ones. I'm not saying these will work on our windshields but they do a nice job with no damage on my shower glass doors that have been treated with the aquapel water spot coating.

Good luck
Old 01-12-2018, 12:33 PM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I would be careful with the 3M Scotch Brite pads, some of those are very abrasive, #0000 steel wool is much less abrasive..
Old 01-12-2018, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Use 3M Glass Polishing Compound. https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...3082872&rt=rud

his is what Audi specifies in the Technical Service Bulletin instructing dealers on how to prep customer vehicles. Sadly, not all dealers follow the TSB to the 'T''. They decide to detail the car their own cheap way.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
I went to the store with the intention of purchasing Bosch but they didn't have the size for the passenger side.. Since I wanted the same blades on both sides, and I've had good experience with Trico I gave these a try.. They come with the fitment adapters..

TRICO Ultra: High-performance Beam Blade TRICO® Windshield Wipers
Hi JT,
Which store, I'll be in Nassau tomorrow (most likely) and non of the AAP's in my area carry them. If you can tell me the size and the store, I'll give them a try. I am OK with rear wiper, except the spray seems to be misaligned.

Originally Posted by Greg in JaxFl
No doubt something on the Audi windshields. I have a long mark that shows up every time I use my wipers. I have tried everything except the steel wool thing but will this weekend.
While wipers may not be the best (although they look great after wiping) I'll switch the blades, however there is definitely something on the windshield, and it's only getting worse because all the road dirt and oil seems to be sticking to the windshield, making it worse every day.
I never had to use anything on my windshield in any of my vehicles, so the using a steel wool would make me nervous.
New wiper may help with cleaning better, but I don't see how it can help make the water slide off or bead without sticking, unless the cause is the wipers not clearing what's on the windshield properly in the first place.

I saw videos on youtube suggesting cleaning twice, clay baring, and finally waxing. I wouldn't really want to wax a windshield, and I am not sure if claying will remove anything windshield needs to have.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Strange. Juat came back from driving in very heavy rain and kept a careful eye out. Seemed all ok to me. Yes, there is a dull film perhaps that I could see in some lights, but that was just normal to me based on experience. No wierd streaks etc. Audi Quality control again...

Quick Reply: Windshield staining and "one last wipe" after spray