Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Wiper Judder

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
Every time I try using Lager there usually isn't enough left to clean the wipers...LOL
Wow, I thought that only happened to me :-)
Old 09-14-2017, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevenpoint
It's been raining a bit lately, and I've realized I have some sort of very annoying wiper judder, it makes some noise and the bottom of the driver's side wiper vibrates near the bottom end of it.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the opticoat as he put something on the windshield.. anyone have similar issues?
Had my blades changed out by the dealer for both my cars and it seemed to help a little. Dealer then used some kind of polishing compound and that completely fixed the issue. I was told there was/is a TSB for the S3's and/or the RS3's for this issue so they probably used the same product.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Audphile
Had my blades changed out by the dealer for both my cars and it seemed to help a little. Dealer then used some kind of polishing compound and that completely fixed the issue. I was told there was/is a TSB for the S3's and/or the RS3's for this issue so they probably used the same product.
I have the same issue with my S3, and I can only resolve it by changing to Trico wipers. My wife's current GL350 has the quietest, best working wipers i've ever had on any car...not looking forward to having this same issue on the upcoming Q7!
Old 09-14-2017, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems my issue has corrected itself after much wiper use. It was probably something to do with the coating the XPEL guys out on that needed to spread out or get removed. Thanks all!
Old 10-10-2017, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gaogi
I have the same issue with my S3, and I can only resolve it by changing to Trico wipers. My wife's current GL350 has the quietest, best working wipers i've ever had on any car...not looking forward to having this same issue on the upcoming Q7!
Well I guess I spoke too soon. Wipers were working fine for about 20 minutes yesterday, haven't had rain for about 3 weeks, and they started shuttering again.
Ordered a set of the Trico wipers; Force Blade 25-240 (driver side) and 25-200 (passenger side). If they work I'll get a set for my TT-RS.
I'm starting to believe Audi has a new/newer supplier of blades and they are junk. I've owned 3 Audi's before the 2 I currently own and never had this issue.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:30 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Mine seems to come and go and it doesn't matter if its at highway speeds or just driving around town.. But one thing is for certain, on the first wipe after sitting in the rain they always "judder".. And from there sometimes it continues for a while, and other times it doesn't judder at all..
Old 10-30-2017, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Mine judders too, both front and rear, but there seems to be something on the glass, I can clearly see a coat of some kind of residue on glass, it also causes rain to stick to glass. Rain doesn't stream down like it used to in my other cars.
It might be a windshield problem more than wiper problem. I'd like to try and clean the windshield with something, I wonder if Rain-X type of product someone might have used in the past caused this because I heard rain-x causing issues with certain windshields.
It's not only annoying, but also impacts visibility.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
Mine judders too, both front and rear, but there seems to be something on the glass, I can clearly see a coat of some kind of residue on glass, it also causes rain to stick to glass. Rain doesn't stream down like it used to in my other cars.
It might be a windshield problem more than wiper problem. I'd like to try and clean the windshield with something, I wonder if Rain-X type of product someone might have used in the past caused this because I heard rain-x causing issues with certain windshields.
It's not only annoying, but also impacts visibility.
Try the Trico blades, they're cheap enough and easily found. Dealer replaced blades with another set of Audi blades, no help. Dealer put a Rain-X type coating on the windshield called Crystal Fusion, helped a little. I replaced the Audi blades with Trico and they work perfectly.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks, after few rains, they seem to work much better, but there is still some kind of residue on the glass. I didn't mess with any cleaning products just yet because some of them cause bad reaction with coatings.
I'll give it a few more rains and then replace the blades.
What size Trico do you get? I still think it could be the winshield, not the blades.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine always do it on the first swipe, after that I've never had an issue.

Quick Reply: Wiper Judder