Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Wipers at carwash

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by dminahan
I guess you all mind melded with your manuals and "knew it all" within the first couple hours of ownership

That reply came after I gave the answer and said I had my own difficulties in a heavy downpour when I hadn't even owned the vehicle for 48 hours yet. Then I jumped ahead to that section of the manual to make sure I was actually trying to use the fast wiper setting. I probably was using the fast setting and nothing was going to help with visibility in that downpour. Honestly that is what they should have gone over for the intro to the car, the wipers, the headlights and not all the tech or asked me which bucket do I want the intro to in the limited time I got that night of purchase. Also the manual and commands the system puts up for options do not have all the options either. So sometimes it is worth asking. I was happy to answer.

One example of what I still have not found in the manual has to do with how to get the navigation to present alternative route options after having selected one navigation route. I use the navigation along with traffic information to try and help me decide how I will go to each kid's school since we can have terrible traffic where I live with bad backups on some major routes. So I pick what would be the "normal" route and in the mercedes it would constantly tell me about traffic delays ahead (via Sirius XM Traffic) and if I kept hearing too many delays I would ask it the other alternative routes. I already knew what they were, I just wanted to know how long it was predicting on the alternative routes and I would decide if I changed what direction I would go.

At this moment the Audi system is not giving me updates on traffic backups when I select a route as I'm driving. Maybe if I set the route guidance to traffic instead of complete it would do what I want but the manual doesn't seem to say yes it will continuously give updates on traffic. Or was that a factor of the Sirius XM Traffic feed? Or does the mercedes system just work differently...if so it was the one feature then I sorely miss from mercedes.

It was by luck I found a command that made it "calculate alternative routes" after I selected one and am already part of the way to the destination. It also picks some really bad and abnormal routes for my area. It tries to pick ways that are not direct and not what I would pick as the economical, fast route, etc. The manual has been of no help on any of this as I have looked at it but maybe they hid it in a different section than navigation and I haven't made it there yet.

Again I'm happy to help if I can and hope when I'm not finding the answer that I feel like I can ask the question and hope someone answers.
In the Map View in Nav, click the right "drawer" button on the keypad and you'll get a popup menu - scroll down toward the bottom of the list and there will be a selection to view alternate routes. Took me a while to find it also....