Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Wish I didn't get Drivers Assistance

Old 02-04-2016, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Wish I didn't get Drivers Assistance

Is there a way to completely defeat lane assist? I have it on the least sensitive setting and it is annoying in good conditions and a bit unnerving in slick conditions. It almost feels as if the vehicle is slipping a bit. It's possible that I'll get used to it. It's my first vehicle with it. Any thoughts?
Old 02-04-2016, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WausauS8
Is there a way to completely defeat lane assist? I have it on the least sensitive setting and it is annoying in good conditions and a bit unnerving in slick conditions. It almost feels as if the vehicle is slipping a bit. It's possible that I'll get used to it. It's my first vehicle with it. Any thoughts?
Why do you use it? I have it on my car and haven't used it yet.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zekeman
Why do you use it? I have it on my car and haven't used it yet.
How do I turn it off?
Old 02-04-2016, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Found it!!! It's not in MMI. I'm sure most of you know this, but it's on the end of the turn signal lever.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every time there is snow on the road or icy conditions, I turn it off. More than a few occasions the steering input was more than i would have done in those conditions, requiring me to fight it. Like at toll booths, exit ramps and anytime there are potential lane adjustments marked, but you don't need to make them.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Rf204
Every time there is snow on the road or icy conditions, I turn it off. More than a few occasions the steering input was more than i would have done in those conditions, requiring me to fight it. Like at toll booths, exit ramps and anytime there are potential lane adjustments marked, but you don't need to make them.
Agree with this completely. There are plenty of times I find it useful, but snowy or icy roads in particular are not one. Luckily the button to turn it off is right on the turn signal stalk. Makes it very simple
Old 02-05-2016, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by baltfan
Agree with this completely. There are plenty of times I find it useful, but snowy or icy roads in particular are not one. Luckily the button to turn it off is right on the turn signal stalk. Makes it very simple
Only time I've ever used it, on an A7 and S6, is on long trips; otherwise, I find it's not practical.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zekeman
Only time I've ever used it, on an A7 and S6, is on long trips; otherwise, I find it's not practical.
Works nicely in stop and go traffic.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Do you lose the HUD if you don't get the driver's assistance package? Or is it just the sign recognition etc?
Old 02-05-2016, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ariel Deleon
Do you lose the HUD if you don't get the driver's assistance package? Or is it just the sign recognition etc?
I think what we have been talking about is Audi Active Lane Assist. I don't think that it is part of the Driver's Assistance Package which I understand to be the following:

Traffic sign recognition
High-beam assistant
Audi adaptive cruise control with stop & go and Traffic jam assist

To my understanding the HUD comes with the Prestige package. I have Driver's Assistance Package and Prestige. If you turn the Active Lane Assist off, the HUD still works.

FWIW, I think the Driver's Assistance Package is well worth the money if you are getting the Prestige package (I like that you can see the Adaptive Cruise control is working in the HUD. It wouldn't be as good if the info was only in the dash). The traffic sign recognition is also a nice thing to have.

HUD and driver's assistance is the future. For resale reasons, it is likely worth the money to have these items since they will likely be in nearly every new car 3 years from now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wish I didn't get Drivers Assistance