Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Would you consider the owning the Q7 long term - 5+ yrs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I purchased my 2011 new and have nothing but positive things to say about it. Just hit 120K miles the other day and outside of brakes and tires I haven't had any major issues. Did have to repair seat ventilation on drivers seat but Audi worked with me and it cost $400 including labor.

Considering another Q7 only because I think its time for a change.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr

Originally Posted by markeee
Hi everyone.

I'm considering getting a CPO Q7, and would be "upgrading" from an Acura MDX which is 9 yrs old now. I tend to be one of those who buys everything 2nd hand - house, cars, boats, musical instruments, wives (ok, no... she was brand new haha). Seriously though, I'm impressed by the new Q7 and have been eyeing it (along with an X5 35D).

I've searched threads, and the web, but haven't been convinced. Would it be risky owning a CPO Q7 for 5-8 years? I've heard too often "Ahhh... stick with your Japanese.... German cars aren't reliable".

JD Power says one thing, Consumer Reports another. What do you guys say? Do you just lease and return? Do you guys purchase with a goal of keeping it long term?

I asked in an earlier thread about buying a higher mileage CPO (45k miles), and am still considering it... but do have a little worry about longer-term reliability - I mean I do expect things to break, it's normal, especially here in my part of Canada, roads are perhaps the worst in North America.... things break.

Thanks for the help!
Hi Markeee,

All I can say is that i have owned an Audi Q7 V6 Diesel 160kw 2016 model since brand new and i cant fault it. I'm not nice to cars and i enjoy them and use them for everything including some 4WD. I now have (2021) 160,000km on it and its still going strong. It drives well and is comfortable, and i even went car camping in it last weekend down the Snowy Mountains so i could go skiing with my son. Im 6Ft tall and i stretched out and slept in the back with the seats down no problem. For and SUV it handles really well, and moves from 0-100 respectfully so definatly not sluggish, and i couldnt ask for any more functional gadgets. The MMI works well or media system so. really i cant fault it with the experience i have had. Please note i do regularly service my Q7 at both Audi and non Audi service centres.

So i personally highly recommend the Q7.

Cheers Docdee.

Old 06-22-2021, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a 2007 4.2 Premium and just got rid of it last year because the cost of a repair. I never needed to do any major repairs to it and I bough an extended warranty that took it out to 100,000 miles bumper to bumper. The only thing I did was drive it, oil change, tires, and the occasional repair. Had the crank position sensor go out, coil packs, and had one injector go bad at like 150k miles.

I now have 4M and I’ll keep it until at least 100k probably more and won’t think twice about it. I have a vagcom and plenty of tools. By the time real stuff starts to fail it’ll be cheap on eBay and I can do it myself outside of warranty.

Just as a stat I buy my cars and don’t lease. Just my current preference.