Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

XPEL for the New Q7

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteDin206
Wow full trailer to the Xpel install... How far do you have to go to get there? I'm lucky that my dealer is 1.7 miles from the shop that will be doing my PPF install. I switched from a shop in Vancouver, BC to a local shop which is a bit more expensive but is know as one of the best in the area. They are using STek film instead of Suntek which from my understanding is a bit stronger film and has a hydrophobic coating (even in the matte film).
only about 20 miles but didn't want to risk any chips or other damage.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Those are pretty inline with what I got and I'm just north Seattle.

Haha $4500 for a full install?!? You must be kidding or grossly misinformed about how much your installers charge. If you can find an installer who advertises $4500 for a full install on a Q7 or any SUV for that matter I will be amazed. In Seattle you would be lucky to find anyone who will do a Q7 for under $8k and most are pushing $10k.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Haha $4500 for a full install?!? You must be kidding or grossly misinformed about how much your installers charge. If you can find an installer who advertises $4500 for a full install on a Q7 or any SUV for that matter I will be amazed. In Seattle you would be lucky to find anyone who will do a Q7 for under $8k and most are pushing $10k.
The range is a generic range that we use for the forums, typically a full vehicle depending on coverage, location, etc can range from 4500-8000. Not every installer will be the same, but generally you can expect those numbers.

Originally Posted by snagitseven
One of the top 10 detailers in the U.S. - Unique Care Care in Andover. I've been using them for years and they are hands down, the best. Tell Rick Nelson Glenn R. said hello - he will take good care of you.

Unique Car Care | Clear Bra Installation - Luxury & Exotic Car Detailing - Andover, MA
Agreed! Rick and their team do great work
Old 01-30-2017, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

I question the need for a full film coverage of the entire car. The risk of a rock chipping the paint drops dramatically after the hood, front fenders, A pillars, full bumper, headlights and mirrors are covered. I've had Xpel Ultimate covered for over 4 years in those areas and not one rock chip anywhere on the car.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I wish i had got the whole car done. One of the boys decided to shut the door with his hand tucked in his jacket which has a metal button on the cuff. Put a few deep scratches in the door. Smh. The Q is not even 4 months old
Old 05-13-2021, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Does anyone know a good certified shop in the ny metro area ? Willing to travel a bit for a reputable shop. Looking for full front hood coverage
Old 05-14-2021, 02:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Detailing Dynamics on Long Island is a great shop. National reputation.
Old 05-14-2021, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Any recommendations in Northern California/Sacramento/Central Valley? My dealer recommended Ceramic Pro of Modesto. I visited their shop and was impressed. Their quote for a full GT wrap + ceramic + tint is not cheap @ $7k+, but I’m more concerned about quality than price.
Old 05-16-2021, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Pale Rider
Any recommendations in Northern California/Sacramento/Central Valley? My dealer recommended Ceramic Pro of Modesto. I visited their shop and was impressed. Their quote for a full GT wrap + ceramic + tint is not cheap @ $7k+, but I’m more concerned about quality than price.
Ceramic Pro is a good product. I have a good friend who is a certified Ceramic Pro installer but he is in South Carolina which is a bit far fetched for you unfortunately. However, I chose to go with Xpel because of previous experiences on our 2013 A8L which still looks new with not a single mark after 8 years with Xpel. And the new version is even better. You should be fine with either product but might want a second estimate as $7k is a chunk of change.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by termite
I am in NY and just got a quote of $1235 for Xpel Ultimate on the front bumper cover, mirrors and full hood. I will probably have it done. Had it on a Cayenne GTS and it worked well.
where'd you get the quote from?

Quick Reply: XPEL for the New Q7