Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

You can enable SiriusXM traffic in the MkII Q7

Old 07-08-2018, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts
Default You can enable SiriusXM traffic in the MkII Q7

I am reposting my post from the OBD11 thread for those who may not be reading that thread or have seen this in the Q5 forum. It's possible to activate SiriusXM traffic in the Q7 after you have let your Audi Connect PRIME service lapse. You do have to pay SiriusXM their subscription fee, but that 's much, much less than the PRIME subscription fee.

======

I'm happy to report that I got SiriusXM traffic working on my 2017 Q7 too. Here's a summary of how I went about it...

1. Coding:

Module 5F / Instruments
Adaptions
"Fee-based traffic information (TMC)".
Old value: 65533
New value: 34305

2. Contact Sirius:

I did an online chat with them. Representative initially told me that it couldn't be done because traffic service not available for my model. I asked rep to ask the supervisor, which resulted in agreeing to put traffic on my radio (I don't have an audio subscription for this car). They said $48 per year plus $15 reactivation fee. I asked for the same $24 a year deal I have for my other car. They said no. I didn't want to bother threatening to quit Sirius etc, but asked them to waive activation fee, which they did, so ended up $47 for the year.

3. Verify traffic on Sirius Account

Verified traffic plan enabled for car on Sirius website. Had to log out and log back in to get it to show.

4. Send refresh signal to car.

Done on Sirius website myself.

5. Verify traffic showing on Nav display.

I waited a few hours and traffic didn't show. Also noted that while driving, present location on Nav display was a couple miles off. So did an MMI reset (while holding Nav and Radio buttons forward, press down then release center ****). After MMI reboot, traffic was showing on Nav screen. You can also verify traffic enabled by hitting left drawer button from map screen and selecting Traffic Messages.

Big thanks to Cabal_san, the OP in the Q5 forum and dylanQ who reposted and tested it here for Q7.
The following 2 users liked this post by RickObe:
markremi (05-20-2021), MyLuv4Audi (01-07-2020)
Old 07-09-2018, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks RickObe! This is great! Now I just need someone to help me code
Old 07-09-2018, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sr007
Thanks RickObe! This is great! Now I just need someone to help me code
Coding is really not that difficult. Do you already have an OBD11 Pro and an Android device? Just make sure you write down everything you do so you can reverse if need be.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
I am reposting my post from the OBD11 thread for those who may not be reading that thread or have seen this in the Q5 forum. It's possible to activate SiriusXM traffic in the Q7 after you have let your Audi Connect PRIME service lapse. You do have to pay SiriusXM their subscription fee, but that 's much, much less than the PRIME subscription fee.

======

I'm happy to report that I got SiriusXM traffic working on my 2017 Q7 too. Here's a summary of how I went about it...

1. Coding:

Module 5F / Instruments
Adaptions
"Fee-based traffic information (TMC)".
Old value: 65533
New value: 34305

2. Contact Sirius:

I did an online chat with them. Representative initially told me that it couldn't be done because traffic service not available for my model. I asked rep to ask the supervisor, which resulted in agreeing to put traffic on my radio (I don't have an audio subscription for this car). They said $48 per year plus $15 reactivation fee. I asked for the same $24 a year deal I have for my other car. They said no. I didn't want to bother threatening to quit Sirius etc, but asked them to waive activation fee, which they did, so ended up $47 for the year.

3. Verify traffic on Sirius Account

Verified traffic plan enabled for car on Sirius website. Had to log out and log back in to get it to show.

4. Send refresh signal to car.

Done on Sirius website myself.

5. Verify traffic showing on Nav display.

I waited a few hours and traffic didn't show. Also noted that while driving, present location on Nav display was a couple miles off. So did an MMI reset (while holding Nav and Radio buttons forward, press down then release center ****). After MMI reboot, traffic was showing on Nav screen. You can also verify traffic enabled by hitting left drawer button from map screen and selecting Traffic Messages.

Big thanks to Cabal_san, the OP in the Q5 forum and dylanQ who reposted and tested it here for Q7.
Glad to see TMC code I found is being used more and more, hope we can find code for Traffic Plus, it has more roads covered
Old 07-09-2018, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by boshiku
Glad to see TMC code I found is being used more and more, hope we can find code for Traffic Plus, it has more roads covered
Where you the one who originally found the code? Good job!! I'm curious.... how did you happen to find it?
Old 07-09-2018, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Where you the one who originally found the code? Good job!! I'm curious.... how did you happen to find it?
Saw in many places that 1537 is the code for Sirius in North America, but that code did not give me onscreen colour coding traffic jams, saw somewhere that adding 32768 to other codes gains online functions, and voila, colours came up.
Early canadian q7s did not have option of Audi connect, so we had to improvise.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by boshiku
Saw in many places that 1537 is the code for Sirius in North America, but that code did not give me onscreen colour coding traffic jams, saw somewhere that adding 32768 to other codes gains online functions, and voila, colours came up.
Early canadian q7s did not have option of Audi connect, so we had to improvise.
Nice!!!
Old 07-10-2018, 02:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Do you already have an OBD11 Pro and an Android device?
No. Would you be kind enough to share the specifics and best place to buy from? Thanks!
Old 07-10-2018, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sr007
No. Would you be kind enough to share the specifics and best place to buy from? Thanks!
I would recommend buying it here:

https://www.shopdap.com/vw-audi-scan...obdeleven.html

When it arrives, be careful not to toss the packaging. The Pro code is on a small label and that's the only difference between the pro and non pro version. You need to pro version to do coding.

If you don't have an Android device (OBD11 doesn't work on iOS), you can get them fairly cheaply. However, make sure they have full Google Play Store because otherwise you have to side-load the OBD11 app, which can be a little tricky.

Or.... There's more than one OBD11 user in the DC/Baltimore areas that might let you "rent" theirs. Try reading through the locations of posters on the long OBD11 thread here and send them a PM to ask.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...leven-2906323/

Last edited by RickObe; 07-10-2018 at 05:48 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

I would recommend buying it here:

https://www.shopdap.com/vw-audi-scan...obdeleven.html

When it arrives, be careful not to toss the packaging. The Pro code is on a small label and that's the only difference between the pro and non pro version. You need to pro version to do coding.

If you don't have an Android device (OBD11 doesn't work on iOS), you can get them fairly cheaply. However, make sure they have full Google Play Store because otherwise you have to side-load the OBD11 app, which can be a little tricky.

Or.... There's more than one OBD11 user in the DC/Baltimore areas that might let you "rent" theirs. Try reading through the locations of posters on the long OBD11 thread here and send them a PM to ask.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...leven-2906323/
Awesome! Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: You can enable SiriusXM traffic in the MkII Q7