Anyone familiar with this 1983 Ur Quattro for sale in CA?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone familiar with this 1983 Ur Quattro for sale in CA?

Anyone else familiar with the 83 Ur Quattro available for sale in California? I am interested in purchasing it and the price seems right (between $10K and $11K). Two owner, California car. It has less than 75K original miles and is believed to be wearing mostly all of its original paint. It has some mods done for more for practicality: ceramic coated exhaust manifold, HR springs, 4 core radiator, and maybe a mod from 2Bennett (MC-1)??? Original wheels are also included in the deal. Inner headlights removed to keep air flowing into the engine compartment. Any thoughts on this car? Has anyone seen it in person? Thank you in advance for any advice that you can give me.
Attached Images      
Old 06-11-2009, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Some more pics underneath the car.
Attached Images     
Old 06-11-2009, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Seems cheap if all there. How does one get an inspection in Cali with no muffler?
Old 06-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why not consider two for one +.

Originally Posted by HutchBMX
Anyone else familiar with the 83 Ur Quattro available for sale in California? I am interested in purchasing it and the price seems right (between $10K and $11K). Two owner, California car. It has less than 75K original miles and is believed to be wearing mostly all of its original paint. It has some mods done for more for practicality: ceramic coated exhaust manifold, HR springs, 4 core radiator, and maybe a mod from 2Bennett (MC-1)??? Original wheels are also included in the deal. Inner headlights removed to keep air flowing into the engine compartment. Any thoughts on this car? Has anyone seen it in person? Thank you in advance for any advice that you can give me.
Don't know anything about this ride, but you might want to consider my cars. yes plural. One great runner, and a whole straight parts car. See my ad on this site. My runner has all of the parts with it, including a muffler, and the radiator shrouds around the same 2Bennett radiator. I might even be able to deliver if you are in CA. many new parts. I am the second owner of the runner, and have owned it for 20 years. 505-660-6595.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Interesting..

-It seems to still have the lower rad and oil cooler shrouds.

-Doesn't seem to have a muffler, and the center resonator seems to be 'spliced out'. May want to check out the exhaust sound. Could be interestingly cool, or could be annoying. :-)

(CAC could solve that problem in a hurry! http://homepage.internet.lu/customau...80_90_4000.htm )

-Don't think it has a MC motor in it (Wrong coil)

-Don't see an AC condensor in front of the rad

-Looks like it has the 'taxi dash' aux gauge pod

-Looks like 'early ' style suspension, so may have also have the 'underdash' fusebox too.. :-(
Old 06-11-2009, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm actually in Georgia, and I would have the car shipped to me. I appreciate all of the input thus far. Some of the A/C components have been removed, but the seller has them.

This would be my first Ur Quattro, but I have owned lots of 4000 Quattros in the past. I currently drive an A3.

One more question: Would a stock muffler for an 83 UrQ be considered unobtanium?
Old 06-11-2009, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Lucky enough exhaust is still available from the dealer, at least last time I checked.. but make sure you are sitting down for the price..
$600 for the rear section alone. It's a nice piece though.

Car looks nice and clean.

Cheers
Old 06-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Still cheaper to ship from NM

Originally Posted by HutchBMX
I'm actually in Georgia, and I would have the car shipped to me. I appreciate all of the input thus far. Some of the A/C components have been removed, but the seller has them.

This would be my first Ur Quattro, but I have owned lots of 4000 Quattros in the past. I currently drive an A3.

One more question: Would a stock muffler for an 83 UrQ be considered unobtanium?
You would buy this molested car in CA over one unmolested car and a complete parts car in NM. Granted, my car is black, and could undoubtedly use a paint job, but....the parts car is white? My car has a recent valve job, and more new parts installed than there is room to list, and runs great. In fact, if you bought my cars, the black car would be returning to its original delivery location. I bought it from a guy in Atlanta, in 1989. Make me an offer if you don't like my price.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The car looks very nice, i know i wouldnt sell mine for anywhere near that cheap!
Old 06-13-2009, 03:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Muffler...

Originally Posted by 4x5x5
Seems cheap if all there. How does one get an inspection in Cali with no muffler?
No muff is to tuff that's the California way.. They want a catalytic converter, I would say the stock turbo, and the semi restrictive catalytic converter do a fine job cutting down the noise, to hell with the radio anyway. My original muffler is still on my car, however all the acid the catalytic has produced wasted the mufflers sheet metal covering, car was driving for 7 years then parked for not....

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with this 1983 Ur Quattro for sale in CA?