AUDI Hydraulic Brake Booster Servo - Ate, Repair-Rebuild Service

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 10:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUDI Hydraulic Brake Booster Servo - Ate, Repair-Rebuild Service

Forum Members,

I am now offering a Rebuild Service for the old Ate Hydraulic Brake Boosters, from the '80's, '90's
I have been rebuilding BMW hydraulic boosters for over 4 years.

I am now rebuilding 3 different - Audi Hydraulic Brake Booster Servos, see 1-3 links below.

Here are my link's to my Picasa Photo Site, please follow the directions to view the info panel.

Links :
1. https://goo.gl/photos/kHFefY3Wuq1RqA5F8 Old Style Cast Iron, Rebuild Service only.

2. https://goo.gl/photos/QCcFGTqdeeGDSgC48 New Style Aluminum, Rebuild Service only.

3. https://goo.gl/photos/zVD7cFj3L6WNmVUG8 Old Style Aluminum same as the BMW with repair kit or rebuild service, (2 - styles)

If you are having trouble viewing my 3 links above, you can always e-mail me and I can send you the links, some Forums do not allow links to work.
You can always Google the above titles ( AUDI HYDRAULIC BRAKE BOOSTER SERVO, REPAIR SERVICE )

jay_c_stratton at hotmail.com

Link to my m6's,
https://goo.gl/photos/K3S9EkQ9veNrNDCf7

Best,
Jay

Jay
Attached Images      

Last edited by master6; 10-14-2016 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Jay,

great idea and effort.

However, what is your background, qualification and expertise on this subject matter? Do you provide any warranty?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ciao

Werner
Old 10-14-2016, 07:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Servo Rebuild Service

Originally Posted by wego0002
Hello Jay,

great idea and effort.

However, what is your background, qualification and expertise on this subject matter? Do you provide any warranty?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ciao

Werner
Werner,

Thank you for your reply.
Were you able to visit my 3 links to my websites?
I do offer a one year warranty, on all of my rebuilds, and on my hydraulic BMW/Audi Ate I offer a 2 year warranty.
These are the Booster/Servo's that I also sell a DIY repair kit.

I have been offering my DIY repair kit with Tutorial for over 5 years.
And my Rebuild service for 4.75 years.
I sell mainly thru Forum Sites to many fellow Forum Members, and the Internet.

I started repairing cars at age 13, when I fixed the broken turn signal on my Dad's '58 Buick. And also 6 years of College studying to be an Architect.

I have continued to use my knowledge and skills and do most of the repair work and restoration on my '87 and '88 M6's.

I try and find out how things function and why they fail, take them apart and put them back together. I am more like an Engineer, very precise and thorough.
I have always been self employed and a self starter.
I had a business for twenty years Manufacturing and Installing Custom Hardwood Millwork and Fixtures for Restaurant Interiors.
My main Client was Marie Callender's Inc.
I built over 100 Restaurants for them. Plus another 50 large projects.

The Hydraulic Brake Booster Servos, are very simple on the inside, as the 1800 PSI does all the work, and there are few moving parts.
The Servo's do not really fail, they just leak, as the rubber seals loose their elasticity and harden over time with all of the years of hot/cold cycles.
The cross section of an o-ring for example changes from round to oval shape, under pressure.

The Servos are also very prone to get clogged up by the owner failing to do the recommended hydraulic fluid changes.
The internal orifices are very small, and become clogged.

Please try and take the time to read and review my websites.
And it will provide you the information on how my Rebuild Service works.
I have many satisfied clients over the years.

Best,

Jay
Old 12-08-2017, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default possible to adapt to another use?

Jay I just joined the group to learn more about the hydraulic boosters this thread discusses.

I have a circle track race car that requires brake application approximately once every 7 seconds.

I have no power assist presently and am looking to reduce the leg effort from 150 lbs. to 75 lbs.

The car does not have a power steering pump but does have between 150 and 200 PSI available from the automatic transmission pump which can be stabilized with the use of an accumulator.

Any chance I could ask you to measure the piston and shaft diameters for me so I can do some calculations to determine if I might be able to use one of the units you rebuild?

Thanks,

Dan
Old 12-08-2017, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Forgot to factor the pedal ratio which is 4:1, so it looks like I'm hoping to increase the force on the master cylinder by 600 lbs.
Dan
Old 12-08-2017, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Booster/servo specs

Originally Posted by Dan Clarke
Jay I just joined the group to learn more about the hydraulic boosters this thread discusses.

I have a circle track race car that requires brake application approximately once every 7 seconds.

I have no power assist presently and am looking to reduce the leg effort from 150 lbs. to 75 lbs.

The car does not have a power steering pump but does have between 150 and 200 PSI available from the automatic transmission pump which can be stabilized with the use of an accumulator.

Any chance I could ask you to measure the piston and shaft diameters for me so I can do some calculations to determine if I might be able to use one of the units you rebuild?

Thanks,

Dan
Dan which booster are you interested in #2 or #3 ?
The Servos shown here #2 are from a BMW, and some Audis, the input shaft from the brake pedal varies (right side of photo) as there are 3 sizes 16.6 mm, 17.8 mm, 19.0 mm OD dia
The internal piston is the same on all 3, its 37.0 mm dia internal diameter, pedal (piston) travel is about 20.0 mm long.

Best,

EDIT : here is a link to my 12 websites, read the directions in RED to view the written captions.
LINK : http://bigcoupe.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=28245
If you cannot read the captions e-mail me, jay_c_stratton@hotmail.com
Attached Images  

Last edited by master6; 12-08-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Jay thanks for taking the time to illustrate the dimensions etc.

I think the travel distance will nix the idea as my master cylinder travel is over 1-1/2".

Dan
Old 12-12-2018, 05:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Brake Servo rebuild

BUMP
Old 01-21-2020, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi brake booster servo rebuild

Hi Jay,
How much do you charge for your rebuild service? Thanks.
Rick