Ebay scam....He is back.... the same car different location, and very low price....$2900

Old 04-06-2006, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay scam....He is back.... the same car different location, and very low price....$2900

hmmm, we have to do something......<ul><li><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-AUDI-UR-COUPE-TURBO-QUATTRO-LOW-MILES-GARAGE-KEPT_W0QQitemZ4629016880QQcategoryZ6055QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-AUDI-UR-COUPE-TURBO-QUATTRO-LOW-MILES-GARAGE-KEPT_W0QQi
Old 04-06-2006, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

OH - ebay provides $20,000 in fraud protection - see that??
Old 04-06-2006, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes, I saw it... You still have to paid $100 deductible...
Old 04-06-2006, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hmm, why there is no "Buy Now" option if "he" is asking $2900.......
Old 04-06-2006, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I looked into the feedback history....

History (1) positive...look further...this seller "sold" a Chevy Beretta to someone else. Look at the feedback for that buyer. Two identical positive feedback listings from two different ebay users...both have unsubscribed! This person is also fabricating their own feedback as well! I just sent eBay an e-mail about it. I'll let you know what I hear.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I've emailed each of the bidders. I wonder who that Davidaustintx is.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default "One owner" says the ad..

But we know (or on Audifans, anyway) that it's had at LEAST two owners, maybe more..
Old 04-07-2006, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a scam .......... i was right Audi did make a 6 cylinder )...
Old 04-07-2006, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I did too...So far nothing from both.. I also sent an email do the seller asking to see this car ..
Old 04-07-2006, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I smelled BS immediately.....although I WANTED it to be for real!

First I contacted the seller to tell him that if he had the car and a title, I had $3Gs ready to hand to him. No response.

Then I followed the non-existant (and fabricated) feedback trail....nice Beretta! Then I contacted the high bidder, and it looks as though he retracted his bid since.

What is the deal? Is it not really his car, and he is hoping to get a deposit and split?

I was nearly involved in somthing like that a few years ago. I won an auction for a SWEET 200....seller wanted money wired immediately....would settle for money order sent overnight.....I was having NONE of that. I noticed that he had other cars up for auction on eBay and yahoo, as well as for sale in the Auto Trader.....same pics, different descriptions, mileage, prices, etc.

After going back and forth, back and forth, I emailed him, told him of my involvement in government, my close ties with law enforcement, and my desire to come pick up the car IMMEDIATELY. I also told him that if this was a scam, and he wanted an out, to save me hassle and save himself more serious trouble, that he should email me back and tell me that the car had developed a problem such as a major oil leak and that he didn't feel comfortable selling the car in that condition. Within MINUTES I received an email, repeating nearly VERBATIM my message, "I want to apologize Rob, but the car has developed a significant oil leak, and I would not feel comfortable selling it in this condition".!!

I should have followed up with eBay but I let it go because I was just happy that I didn't get scammed. A month or two later two guys contacted me through eBay to ask about the transaction: they had both been burned. One had lost a small deposit. The other had spent hours on the telephone, and TWICE flew out to supposedly pick up the car, each time being told, "Oh, you just missed him".

I don't remember the scammer's info., but he didn't maintain the same uername for long. He was (supposedly?) based out of Boston and/or Rhode Island.

I'm in an occupation where a criminal record would be cause for me to lose multiple licenses and effectively end my career. That said, if I am ever scammed out of more than $1000, I would have a VERY hard time keeping myself from seriously hurting the scammer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ebay scam....He is back.... the same car different location, and very low price....$2900