SCAM or NOT??? New Ebay listing, questionable.... No phone number only email contact.. Quick sale.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCAM or NOT??? New Ebay listing, questionable.... No phone number only email contact.. Quick sale.

This car was for sale a few months ago. I think it was sold for more then $22,000.00...
Same car different VIN number...Hmmmm.
SCAM..........................<ul><li><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-Audi-Coupe-Quattro-Turbo-LOW-MILES-GARAGE-KEPT_W0QQitemZ260002640351QQihZ016QQcategoryZ6055Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-Audi-Coupe-Quattro-Turbo-LOW-MI
Old 06-28-2006, 08:02 PM
No Bozos!

Default Usually

they want a deposit right away for scams.

I didn't catch that in the ad, but cash in person would be a safe bet against a scam.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Isn't this the $23k eBay car from a few months ago?
Old 06-29-2006, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yep.. that is the same car.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The UR-Q Police .............BEWARE SCAMMERS!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2006, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I emailed the seller

His reply:

Hello,

I'm really sorry for this late reply but I've been very busy lately and away from a computer. The price that I want to obtain is $4,999 (including shipping and insurance charges). The price is considerably lower then others on the market because I need to sell it really fast.
The car has all the services done at the dealerships. The vehicle was never crashed, abused or raced. I always garaged it and serviced it, kept very good care of it!. The vehicle is currently located in Gretna NE but unfortunately I am in San Francisco CA, planning to open a business here and I don't think I can come sooner then next month. However I can arrange for the paperwork from here and I can talk to a shipping company to deliver the vehicle to your address.
I think it's impossible to buy a vehicle for such a big amount without having an inspection first. So I had a look on Ebay and I saw they could help us with this. Since the transaction worth a lot of money they've suggested to make the deal only through Ebay so that we won't have any problems.
If you decide to buy all the papers are ready, just needed to be signed by you.
If you decide not to buy for a serious reason (of course after the inspection) then you can just ask the shipping company to send it back to my address with no extra cost (shipping is payed in advance by me). I think this is the fastest, safest and most fair solution we can have.
If you are interested to purchase the vehicle please provide me the following information's:
-your full name and address for shipping
-your phone #
If I receive the requested information you will be informed by Ebay during the next hours with details about your purchase.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default blaa,blaa blaaa ...same story from the seller.. Seen this before so many times..SCAM..

and the car is gone from Ebay......
Old 06-30-2006, 06:58 PM
No Bozos!

I still say take him up on the "cash in person" option!
Old 06-30-2006, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: I still say take him up on the "cash in person" option!

The fact that he describes himself as being in one city while the car is in another, besides being an obvious red flag, makes even this face to face method futile. I doubt he is even in possession of the car at all.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:18 AM
No Bozos!

Default Doesn't look like it

It would just be fun to see his response to taking him up on that offer.

By his email response it sounds like a pretty well rehearsed script he's following.

I'll send that link to a friend of mine who works for EBay motors just to get his feedback.

Quick Reply: SCAM or NOT??? New Ebay listing, questionable.... No phone number only email contact.. Quick sale.