UR Quattro Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UR Quattro Question

Hi everyone,
So I’ve been looking (fantasizing) at the UR quattro a lot recently. Mainly hoping to catch one semi cheap that needs a lot of work. However, everytime a new sales ad is posted anywhere, it seems to always be a car that’s in great condition. I was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions for looking for an UR quattro that’s not in good shape? For example, It could just be the body, have bad or no interior along with the engine that’s ceased. The only thing I care about is it not being too rusted to the point where it can’t be salvaged. That’s basically it.
Follow up question, would $10,000-$15,000 be enough to buy one in poor condition? I know it
matter how poor, but I honestly can say I’ve maybe seen one or two UR quattro’s that were in rough shape. But maybe I’m always looking in the wrong spot so I thought I’d give this a try. I also know it’s a
long shot and would probably be a nightmare trying to
find parts for one that’s missing most of everything. But I want that challenge and also like to keep that sliver of hope I still have of ever owning one.
Thank you,
Chad