Showing signs of life.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Showing signs of life.....

A6 was flatbedded to the shop last night.....parts are in the mail.....be good to NOT hear the sound of dentist tools (no offense SLM4BUFFS) under my hood soon.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

sorry to hear. Any idea of what happened?
Old 08-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Turbos going down the drain slowly. I just wish this all went bad when I had timing belt and other repairs a few months ago!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Update: New Turbos in and lots of other work done on front end and tranny. Was being tested for several miles and now blew drivers side turbo again. At what time do you just say F this and give up? About now? I have already paid double what the car is worth fixing and still no ride.......last used Audi for me.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Did you do the work yourself or did you get it done at one of the local reputable shops?
Old 08-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Reputable, not local for me. Down in Co Spgs.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

New turbos or rebuilt? I mean I guess if the turbo failed so quickly, the hope is the shop will be working with you to take care of it. It shouldn't just fail. I mean either something was wrong with the turbo to begin with or things didn't go back together quite right.

Hopefully, it will get taken care of for you. If so, other than downtime I can't imagine this is your problem unless there were used parts or something.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gietl
New turbos or rebuilt? I mean I guess if the turbo failed so quickly, the hope is the shop will be working with you to take care of it. It shouldn't just fail. I mean either something was wrong with the turbo to begin with or things didn't go back together quite right.

Hopefully, it will get taken care of for you. If so, other than downtime I can't imagine this is your problem unless there were used parts or something.
I used TEC (used to be in Golden, now Ca)and have had great luck with their applications on "cough cough" hondas. Warrantied and all is well, however still need to get them out of the car. I think the mechanic will give me a break but technically he has to do the whole job over again. Also, it was the same drivers side that failed again. He thinks a bad rebuild. Im ready to just junk the car and take the huge loss on the loan difference and start from scratch.....Dealer Scratch that is...
Old 08-25-2009, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

TEC was great before it's end here in Colorado...what a sad story. I didn't realize it lived on in CA. It will be really important to determine if it was a bad rebuild or something else. That will really make or break what it will cost you.

Sorry you are going through it, what a PITA.