Tire service center in Superior, CO area?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire service center in Superior, CO area?

Just moved into Superior (from Boulder) and I need to find a competent, local place to take my car and my wife's car for seasonal tire swap (mount snows on rims, spin, balance and mount).
Big-O location on Coalton right behind Flatiron Crossing Mall (next to Chick Fila) is NOT an option.
This Big-O location is THE WORST-RUN business I've ever seen. They had my car all day yesterday, wouldn't answer the phone when I'd call to see if it was done, and worst of all (I'm not making this part up) didn't understand how to rotate tires! I dropped off my car along with the snows (un-mounted) for rim mounting/install. Snows were marked which corner they came off. I made it clear I wanted them fully rotated -- Right to Left, and Front to Rear. Easy right? First time I come back to pick up the car I notice all 4 tires are in the same position they came off in the spring. "Unbelieveable", I thought. So I explained the problem, and left to run another errand. I come back an hour later and they've now moved the tires front to rear, but didn't cross them over. I ask why the tires are not rotated, and they proceed to tell me that they can't be crossed over because they're directional tread (not asymmetrical -- directional). My head almost exploded at that point. I had to explain several times that the tires can in fact be mounted on the other side by removing them from the rims -- which is how they were brought in. I finally convinced them that this is true, but by that time they were closed and didn't want to do the job again, so I just took my car and drove home, still in awe.
Hence, I'm looking for a new tire service center.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I would head back into Boulder and go to Tire Source.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gietl
I would head back into Boulder and go to Tire Source.
I second that. Pete is the best. I just got my tires there. Great price-best I found and great service.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default It gets WORSE!... Stay away from Big O tire in Superior!

... 5 days later, after cooling down I decided to take the car back to have them finish the job - correctly. I discussed it with the service manager, made sure he was very clear on what they were to do, and left the car with them. I called a few hrs later (since they don't ever call you when its finished apparently) and confirmed it was done. Since I was at work, I had my wife pick up the car. I come home later, glance at the tires, and ... the fronts have been moved to the rear BUT THEY STILL DIDN'T CROSS THEM OVER!!! WTF?? I couldn't believe it. I drove the car back over to Big O, had some choice words with the service manager and left shaking my head - again. Millions of good people desperately looking for a job and Big O is paying these clowns? Un-freaking-believable. If you care about your car - or even if you just expect something resembling reasonable customer service -STAY FAR AWAY FROM BIG O TIRES IN BROOMFIELD, CO!! WORST BUSINESS EVER! (it's located at the corner of Coalton and Summit Blvd - right near the Flatiron Crossing mall - at least until it goes out of business).
Old 10-25-2009, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I can't believe you went back.