RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

***Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - Aug 28th - Sept 4th, 2017***

Old 07-27-2017, 06:03 PM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ***Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - Aug 28th - Sept 4th, 2017***

WannabeRacer.com

I am making plans to be back up in San Francisco / Norcal / Bay Area to do vinyl wrap installations and plasti dip paint jobs between the dates of August 28th - September 4th.

E-mail me at Don@WannabeRacer.com to schedule/reserve your appointment slots. Everything is a first come first serve basis. People who e-mailed me in the past get priority, so if we can't schedule something for you this time, still e-mail me and I will keep you on my priority contact list for the next time I make a trip up to norcal / Bay Area.

For me to process each inquiry as quickly and smoothly as possible, please use the following format below:

Subject title: Norcal August 2017 Trip
Car type and year:
Material finish/color (IE gloss black, carbon fiber, etc):
Part(s) you're looking to wrap:

Visit my website to view more pictures of the various types of services I offer. Even if you do not see a related type of service, feel free to ask, as I may offer it, but I just don't have it pictured/listed: http://www.wannaberacerwraps.com/services/

Days that I will be available for appointments:
August 28th - Monday
August 29th - Tuesday
August 30th - Wednesday
August 31st - Thusday
September 1st - Friday
There is a *slight* possibility that I may be also available Sept 2-4 as well, but those dates are still uncertain right now.

Thanks!
Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 07-31-2017, 05:43 PM
Former Vendor

Overview:
- Tinted / smoked tail lights

I lightly tinted / smoked the tail lights on this black Audi S5 coupe. I tried to take pictures of the tail lights at various angles and lighting, to help give you guys a better idea of how the tint film changes depending on how the light is hitting it. The light shade gives the car a fairly factory / OEM look still, but a nice noticeable change in overall look of the car. The film that I use is designed to mimic the look of how some cars come from the factory with already slightly darker tail lights nowadays. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Pasadena to have the vinyl wrap work done.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 08-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor

For this black Audi A6 sedan, I actually went out to his location in Newport Beach / Orange County to do some vinyl work on his vehicle. The owner originally requested to simply have the front grill wrapped in gloss black. However, after blacking out he front grill, he also decided if I was able to black out the chrome on top of the door handles and also the chrome window trim. I didn't take pictures of the window trim, since the car was in the garage. However, I did take pictures of the door handles, showing the before and after.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 08-07-2017, 10:44 AM
Former Vendor

This is kind of a bigger picture post than usual, but I had multiple requests for more up close pictures and of certain areas that are pictured below. The owner of this white Audi RS5 had me vinyl wrap the roof and also black out the brushed aluminum/chrome window trim on his car with my gloss black vinyl material. The gloss black roof tied in quite nicely with the large sunroof of the car, to give it a full/complete panoramic roof look. Also, just blacking out the chrome around the windows also changed the look of the car quite a bit, even though the mirrors are still silver. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County from Los Angeles to get the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 08-10-2017, 07:49 AM
Former Vendor

I’ve had requests from people to post some more pictures of interiors that I’ve done. This is on a BMW F10 5 series sedan that originally had brushed aluminum/silver trim accents in the car. The interior trim on this car is different than most other cars, since the interior trim pieces have an edging around the trim pieces, which you can see that I left unwrapped in the pictures. Also, most interiors I’ve done in the past were with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber material, however, the owner of this car wanted me a finish that was slightly glossier and blacker, so we went with with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber finish. In addition to his interior trim, I also did his rear bumper diffuser piece in the same material. The owner of this car was from Pomona and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills, Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 08-14-2017, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor

Overview:
- Gloss black roof rack rail vinyl wrap chrome delete
- Gloss black window trim vinyl wrap
- Gloss black door handle chrome delete
- Tinted / smoked rear tail lights
- Debadged rear trunk emblems

Quite a bit of work was done on this black Audi Q5 SUV. The large chrome roof rack rails that run along the length of the roof and the chrome window trim on both sides of the car make up a fairly good portion of the overall surface area on the car. By wrapping just these chrome pieces in my gloss black vinyl material alone completely cleaned up the lines of the car, making it look more aggressive and giving it a cleaner look as well. I also blacked out the chrome on the top of the door handles and rear trunk lid lower chrome bar. To finish things of in the rear, I lightly smoked / tinted the rear tail lights and debadged the emblems. The owner of this car was in Newport Beach / Orange County and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 08-17-2017, 07:56 AM
Former Vendor

- Plasti dip rear badges

This is not a Mercedes, but I had several people ask me for some more detailed or close up pictures of my plasti dip work and I happen to already have these resized and ready to go. The owner of this white Audi A6 sedan came by my shop in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the plasti dip work done, along with getting his roof wrapped and chrome window trim blacked out. Since he was blacking out everything else, blacking out the chrome badges made everything flow together fairly well.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 08-21-2017, 05:09 PM
Former Vendor

I’ve worked on several cars for the owner of this white Audi RS7 sedan in the past. This time he came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his RS7 with my gloss black vinyl material to give it the panoramic look. In addition to wrapping the main section/portion of the roof, I also wrapped the smaller rear top hatch part that sits right behind the main section of the roof. This gave it a smooth transition from the roof to the rear glass. The owner of this car came to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 08-29-2017, 08:05 AM
Former Vendor

Looks like I'll be extending the days that I will be working up in norcal to include this coming weekend (Sept 2nd Saturday - Sept 4th Monday). I'll probably will be working on only a few cars during those extra days. If you happen to still be interested in having some work done and were available during those days, let me know.

Thanks.

-Don
Old 09-05-2017, 07:37 AM
Former Vendor

There are Audi owners who prefer chrome on their cars, but there are some Audi owners who would prefer to have the chrome / brushed aluminum window trims on their cars to be black instead. Luckily, there’s the option of vinyl, which is a fairly straight forward easy process to put on, but just as easy to remove or reverse the process if you ever decide to go back to the factory chrome window trim.

For this blue Audi S5 coupe, I went with my gloss black vinyl finish on the chrome window trim pieces, to give it a factory look and to also match the already gloss black wheels that the car had. From a distance, it is harder to tell in pictures if it is matte or gloss black, but in some of the pictures that are closer up, it becomes more noticeable. The owner of this car was from Corona and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl car wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com