Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > RS 6 Discussion
Reload this Page >

2020 Audi RS6 Avant - US bound?!?!

RS 6 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6

2020 Audi RS6 Avant - US bound?!?!

Old 07-21-2018, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ZeGerman_A4 View Post
Talked to my Audi service guy today and he told me they had some training on the new A6 Sedan and Avant, plus RS6 Avant (!!!!!) as 2020 model year.
Have you guys heard anything similar?

He said AoA usually only does that once they made the decision to bring the actual model to US shores.
I was given similar confirmation that "actual dollars" are being spent on training USA technicians on the "RS6 Avant". Interesting.

Last edited by fujinator; 07-25-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

I’ve heard from two different sources that the RS6 Avant was confirmed and coming, both from AoA individual. Trying to stay pessimistic but damn hard not to be excited.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

i was told the same... but a6 allroad.
Old 08-25-2018, 04:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Any further ‘news’ or discussions on this? I know there was an interview with Scott Keogh where he said his ‘favorite’ car from the Euro market was coming to the states....but if the rs6 (or any of the A6-based avants) are coming as 2020s, any legit confirmation may not be coming until the spring auto show circuit....
Old 08-30-2018, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I would imagine a lot depends upon how well the RS5 sportback sells here in the US. If they price it right and they sell a bunch I could see them bringing both the RS4 and RS6 avant to the US.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PARealtor View Post
I would imagine a lot depends upon how well the RS5 sportback sells here in the US. If they price it right and they sell a bunch I could see them bringing both the RS4 and RS6 avant to the US.
I agree with you in part. I think because of the RS5 SB, the RS4 Avant won't come. RS6 would be a competitor to the E63 and that's the only reason IMO. If another company had a wagon in the RS4 market, they could consider it, but based on allroad sales, I think they believe smaller wagons won't sell and only a halo wagon like the RS6 would be a possibility. Mind you, their pricing of the Q5 and allroad has made the allroad an undesirable choice to most. Only wagon lovers are buying them as a similarly equipped Q5 is priced lower and has better incentives.

But that's just speculation and opinion. Who knows what they will actually bring if anything.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Scott Keogh is on record saying the RS6 is his favorite car while also saying that he can be very convincing (seemingly to more Sr Audi brass on matters such as bringing a car to the States). Let’s hope his misfire on the take rate of A4 manuals in the US (~2% versus the ~10% he predicted) doesn’t cost him a bargaining chip!
Old 09-05-2018, 09:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I too have heard conflicting reports on the Avant coming to US. I have spoken to Audi NA and Audi Club NA, and both told me the same thing. Audi would love to bring the Avant model(s) to the US, but past sales figures are discouraging. They suggested a petition to show interest, so that is what I have done. Here is the online petition: https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/usa-audi. If you are interested and/or support brining an Avant to the US, please sign the petition.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

I swore i’d never have another Audi because of the problems with my Q7 but this may test my willpower if the RS6 Avant really arrives.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Spring show circuit is around the corner...

...but I haven’t heard a peep about the potential for the RS6 to be announced / coming to the US....has anyone else heard anything one way or the other? My guess is that the overall economic backdrop and general anti-import tone aren’t helping outbursts already very thin chances. Also, now that Scott Keogh has moved to the top spot at VW NA, he has bigger fish to fry than pushing to get his favorite car brought to this mkt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2020 Audi RS6 Avant - US bound?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: