RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

RS6 going in for 'new' suspension this month.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi All,

I dropped off my car this am. A4 2.0 T loaner for the week.

I am a bit apprehensive as people are posting that the ride was "Softer" after the repair. If it ends up softer than it currently is I am going to rebadge it with Caddy Emblems.

I requested that they also check all the wearable parts on the suspension and they did. Recommended replacing Bushings, Upper Links and Lower Control Arms. $1705.00.

Brakes checked (new pads this spring DIY) and Rotors are OK! GOOD.

I had the timing belt changed at 75000 (asked them to double check records) but I requested that the serpintine belt be changed.

Doing brake fluid replacement and cooling system flush, about $180.

And a new 'new' windshield since the-less-than-a-year-old-one cracked. I'
m waiting on input from the windshield installer and I feal it cracked because it was not mounted perfectly (Hard to do perfectly I guess, but I'd be happy if he at least discounts the new one a bit).

The Softer Ride issue worries me. I was in my Dad's V10 M5 yesterday and that supsension is the way my RS6 used to be, ROCK HARD! Hell the A4 loaner has a stiffer suspension than my RS6!

All in all for about $2000 I'll have an all new suspension (less the springs) with 12 month/12,000 coverage! LOL.

Next purchase - another extended warrantee at 104,000 miles (currently at 89,690 with coverage to 104,000).

Mike
Old 08-17-2009, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Warranty

Originally Posted by Dr.Aronis
Hi All,

I dropped off my car this am. A4 2.0 T loaner for the week.

I am a bit apprehensive as people are posting that the ride was "Softer" after the repair. If it ends up softer than it currently is I am going to rebadge it with Caddy Emblems.

I requested that they also check all the wearable parts on the suspension and they did. Recommended replacing Bushings, Upper Links and Lower Control Arms. $1705.00.

Brakes checked (new pads this spring DIY) and Rotors are OK! GOOD.

I had the timing belt changed at 75000 (asked them to double check records) but I requested that the serpintine belt be changed.

Doing brake fluid replacement and cooling system flush, about $180.

And a new 'new' windshield since the-less-than-a-year-old-one cracked. I'
m waiting on input from the windshield installer and I feal it cracked because it was not mounted perfectly (Hard to do perfectly I guess, but I'd be happy if he at least discounts the new one a bit).

The Softer Ride issue worries me. I was in my Dad's V10 M5 yesterday and that supsension is the way my RS6 used to be, ROCK HARD! Hell the A4 loaner has a stiffer suspension than my RS6!

All in all for about $2000 I'll have an all new suspension (less the springs) with 12 month/12,000 coverage! LOL.

Next purchase - another extended warrantee at 104,000 miles (currently at 89,690 with coverage to 104,000).

Mike
Mike,

What Extended Warranty Company are you using? I had Century Warranty Services via Carchex it turned to be the biggest waist of money. So I canceled and now looking for one that make sense and work. If you are happy with yours I like to talk to them her you might get a referral incentive.
If you don't mind I like to know your coverage too. This is also for everyone covering their RS6 with extended warranty I need Info big time or double time. Thanks
Old 08-17-2009, 09:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Default See RS6.com for more repair problems

I just picked up mine on Saturday and it is firmer than before although I don't think it was fully failed just a little soft and shocks seeping in the rear. The front of my car is about 1/4" higher than before and the rear is just over 1" higher than before. It looks like a '70s muscle car practically. I'm not letting Audi off the hook completely as I want to help back some others getting their car repaired but I've decided 99% to go with KW V3's.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default DRC Stiff Arm Part. II

Just off the phone with Audi of America and it is official: For those of us who replaced the P.O.S. DRC shocks with aftermarket KW's PSS9's etc., Audi's official position is that our cars are not eligible for the recall repair "unless / until the car is brought back to its stock condition." There is still a class action here --- just a smaller class composed of those drivers who found driving a 450 HP car on a failed suspension system to be too dangerous. Good Luck to all of you getting the new repair done. I hope this time it works!
Old 08-21-2009, 10:30 AM
T3
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by T3
Had mine replaced 4 weeks ago. Immediately had a leak, so they had to replace a bolt and re-pressurize. Seems ok now, but not great. Definitely softer.

Has anyone noticed a slight instability in the back when going over bumps, particularly when in a left turn? Almost like the back is slidding or shifting to the right a bit.
Update: Took it back in, and they found internal leaking in one of the rear accumulators. It's being replaced and I should get the car back today.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by 2raudi
Mike,

What Extended Warranty Company are you using? I had Century Warranty Services via Carchex it turned to be the biggest waist of money. So I canceled and now looking for one that make sense and work. If you are happy with yours I like to talk to them her you might get a referral incentive.
If you don't mind I like to know your coverage too. This is also for everyone covering their RS6 with extended warranty I need Info big time or double time. Thanks
I bought it from Audi! Says Audi on it! I'll look in the car for the underwriter information.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I picked up my car last Wednesday but have not had time or opportunity to do any spirited driving.

The suspension is tighter (all new wearable parts) the slow speed groan I used to get when turning the wheel while going slowly up a rise is now gone (bushing no doubt.)

The handling I guess is more crisp, but again I have to do some more driving to see.

But the suspension is not as firm as I recall it being when new. I think it's better, but I don't think it is as stiff as an S4. I recall it being quite stiff when new.

The ride height appears correct and symmetrical.

I'll try to find a safe place for some spirited driving this week. The NY State Troopers are everywhere getting extra Tax Revenue from drivers, so it's the speed limit everywhere!

Mike
Old 08-29-2009, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ride Height:

Drivers side Front 14 1/8 inch
Drivers Rear 14 1/2

Passenger Front 14 1/8
Passenger Rear 14 1/2

Symmetrical

Tech did not replace the under carriage shroud properly, just did that this morning PITA.

Also, he depressurized my tires to 26 PSI! WTF, no wonder the car was squeeling like a bastard on the turns this week! I keep it at 48 PSI..nice even wear and better road feel.

I am going to go for a quick spin later when the roads dry up to see if the squeeling is gone.

Mike
Old 09-02-2009, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Audi/Fidelity plans are best.

You can still buy them from the dealers. Hurry before they stop selling on 03 vehicles.

check RS6 . com for lots of threads on this topic. All the RS owners are over there.

Originally Posted by 2raudi
Mike,

Old 09-04-2009, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes. I log onto RS6.com frequently.

So after correcting the tire pressure, all and all handling is improved.

This is probably due to all new arms and bushings and perhaps a bit stiffer shocks.

So I'm pleased after the service.

Mike

Quick Reply: RS6 going in for 'new' suspension this month.