RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

RS6 Spare Tire

Old 03-12-2014, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS6 Spare Tire

I'm looking for some assistance regarding the spare tire that came with the '04 RS6. Is it a collapsible spare? Is it an 18" wheel/rim? Is it stored under the floor of the trunk? Is there anyone that has one in their vehicle that would be willing to take and picture for me?

I'm asking because my '05 Allroad has been upgraded with RS6 brakes all around and the OEM collapsible spare tire/wheel that came with the Allroad won't fit over the larger RS6 brakes. I will proceed to source a RS6 collapsible spare but want to check first as to whether it will fit into the tub below the floor in the back of the Allroad.

Any assistance from RS6 owners with a picture and info regarding the size of the RS6 collapsible (i.e. outside diameter and rim width when collapsed in stored position) would be greatly appreciated.

I can order a new one through my local dealer but will try to locate a never used one from the private marketplace before going that route. Any leads on possible sources would be appreciated also.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Allroad Canuck

I can order a new one through my local dealer but will try to locate a never used one from the private marketplace before going that route. Any leads on possible sources would be appreciated also.
I have no idea what size you will need. Check your local junk yards and eBay for a wheel before going to the dealer. They practically give them away in junkyards. Not many people are looking for spare tires.

I used to use the tires for the rear wheels on my motorcycle sidecar rig. The flat tread lasted a lot longer than the round motorcycle tires.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the delay here, but I didn't want to reply until I was able to get home and take some pics for you.

The RS6 spare is a space saver, 18x6 et10 with a Vredstein tire. It measures 23" x 7" deflated. I was using a metric tape to measure, but you get the idea.

You may want to check rs6.com to see if anyone is selling.