RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Audi RS7 APR Tune Engine & Turbo Failure

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Firstly, sorry for your hassle.
I think an interesting point here is that Audi knew the car was tuned. Did you always flash back to stock before all of services? In that case, they might have flagged it at a prior service and just kept that information.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sympathies to you...

I too own a 2016 RS7, and have only put 22K on the ODO. It is still under warranty - time will run out before the mileage limit - and was considering both the AWE Carbon intake and the APR Stage 1 tune after warranty expires.

Now that I have read of your experiences, I am fairly certain something associated with the new AWE intake became dislodged and was subsequently imbibed; could have been left as a result of install (as has been suggested) or some part of filter? I don't think the tune could have caused this.

If I do purchase the AWE intake, I will be inspecting it rather closely, but this story has made me rethink that.

Thanks for sharing this with us, and continued success with your personal and professional life.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

previously i had never removed tune as service adviser assured me they would not run any computer diagnostics for basic service work.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, my name is Denis. I represent the team from Russia. Ready to help if you want to make your car (2.0, 4.0 tfsi) more powerful and faster. Very good price due to the fall of the ruble. For example, we built the fastest rs7 in the world. If interested, then write or look in YouTube\instagram. Thanks!

upgrade turbochargers kit (stage 2)

upgrade turbochargers kit (stage 2)

upgrade turbochargers kit (stage 3)

upgrade turbochargers kit (stage 3)
The following users liked this post:
09S5 (07-12-2021)
Old 03-25-2019, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My story is the same, my 2014 with 58,000 miles lost the turbos 370 miles from my house. APR stage 1 put on by my dealer Team Audi in Merrillville,IN. The owner of the dealership convinced me to do the tune and assured me they would stand behind it. 13,000 for the repair. All my service work except for one set of front was done at the dealership. The dealer wouldn't help out one bit. I have a MB AMG GT4 63s on order. I am very excited for my first Mercedes. I sold the broken car to young man who did my brakes, I middled my loss with the discount from what I would have gotten on trade.

For this reason I will never own another Audi and I certainly would not go to the dealership to buy a car or recommend it to anyone. It is very unfortunate because I loved the car for 5 1/2 years.
09S5 (07-12-2021)
Old 03-25-2019, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

That’s crazy with just the APR stage 1 tune. I always heard that one was the good one and the APR 2 was the bad one due to the cylinder 5 misfire problem that they couldn’t fix.
Corona81 (01-02-2022)
Old 03-25-2019, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Gsrjc
That’s crazy with just the APR stage 1 tune. I always heard that one was the good one and the APR 2 was the bad one due to the cylinder 5 misfire problem that they couldn’t fix.
That's what I thought, never again will I hold an Audi title.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

Why are you blaming Audi for this? Audi has been very clear that they will not honor any warranty on a drive train that has been modified. The individual dealer should bear the brunt of your wrath on this not Audi. You also need to accept the responsibility that you modified your car and it failed. Audi says this could happen and they will not cover it.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 19hole
Why are you blaming Audi for this? Audi has been very clear that they will not honor any warranty on a drive train that has been modified. The individual dealer should bear the brunt of your wrath on this not Audi. You also need to accept the responsibility that you modified your car and it failed. Audi says this could happen and they will not cover it.
These turbo failures are too common with or without tunes, my previous dealer has had 3 or 4 failures with less then 100 of these motors in their fleet, mine was the only one with the tune, I really don't think its related. I am very disappointed.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

I spoke with the service manager at my local dealership. She has only had 1 turbo failure in all of the cars that they service. It was a 2014 RS7 with a tune. She was able to get AoA to help pay for the repair but the owner wasn't happy with AoA's offer and complained directly to them. AoA withdrew the offer.

Quick Reply: Audi RS7 APR Tune Engine & Turbo Failure