Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A7 / S7 / RS 7 > Audi A7 / S7 / RS 7 (C7) > RS 7
Reload this Page >

Dealership Decided to Play with my RS7

RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Dealership Decided to Play with my RS7

Old 04-22-2019, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Dealership Decided to Play with my RS7

Hey Guys,

So I just put my car in for the pods recall, and I left my dash camera plugged in to the rear outlet. As you assume, the techs decided to open it up / redline the car. They car had no business being on the road in the first place, and now I have video of the vehicle going 89+ MHP / redlining gears. I'm pissed as i'm sure anyone would be. What would you guys recommend me telling the dealership, they offered a free car wash (usually free).

Thanks
Old 04-22-2019, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

I would be livid! Nothing more than a car wash? While others on this forum may have some suggestions as to compensation - did they offer written apology, make the techs personally apologize to you, offer $$$ credit towards future service/parts, explanation of any admonishment/corrective action of miscreants or anything else of value to you? What dealership was this? Is there a competing dealership nearby? Would call AOA. Consider showing local police video of them exceeding speed limit; some of our local police departments/city prosecutors would gladly handle this, particularly if they engaged in this reckless behavior on a busy road, near schools, etc.

You are absolutely correct: there is NO reason to drive your car off the lot, let alone beat on it. This is your property for which you paid a significant amount of money. Anything other than addressing the recall was an unauthorized use of your car for which you gave no consent.

***Knowing the juvenile tendencies of some, I insist at each service visit, the service manager type and highlight "Please do not test drive or wash car" on the service order.

Last edited by AMDG75; 04-22-2019 at 06:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-22-2019, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Or, you could do what this woman did when she saw her own truck being driven on the highway: Woman spots dealership worker driving her truck after she dropped it off for service (posted today)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-service.html

In the end the dealership fired the employee, suspended the service manager and offered to apologize in person.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by yura89 View Post
Hey Guys,

So I just put my car in for the pods recall, and I left my dash camera plugged in to the rear outlet. As you assume, the techs decided to open it up / redline the car. They car had no business being on the road in the first place, and now I have video of the vehicle going 89+ MHP / redlining gears. I'm pissed as i'm sure anyone would be. What would you guys recommend me telling the dealership, they offered a free car wash (usually free).

Thanks
yura89 I'd be really annoyed and discuss with the GM of the dealership. Why don't you post the capture on YouTube and share it, since that's been done by others on this forum.

Also, did you decide to keep the RS 7? Since you had it listed for sale a little while back.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you have video evidence, send it to AoA.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hey Guys,

So I'm currently editing a video together with all of the evidence to the dealership. I will be also including screen shots of all communication that I have had with them. The best offer they have right now is a (VIP) car wash and tank of gas, kind of a slap in the face. I'll keep everyone updated with everything.

Thanks

PS: I decided to keep the car, as I have no idea what I would get to replace it with.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member